Chapter 30: A pessimistic shoujo heroine and a Chuuni's words of assurance.

[Chapter 30: A pessimistic shoujo heroine and a Chuuni's words of assurance.]

Seeing Mocha-san's reaction to how I performed Operation [BETA] in front of her, she seemed to be very disappointed in me.

'So, even operation BETA still wasn't convincing enough, huh? As expected of someone who figured out I'm not a normal person from the moment we met.'

As you know, my goal was to be the perfect shadow hero. To do that, I must first become the perfect side character, and seeing Mocha-san's feedback, I took operation [BETA] as another failure.

It was also right after I demonstrated my operation BETA just after our talk about how to be like me (acting like a generic student character) but Mocha-san was actually referring to my socialization skills that I didn't know I was good at in the first place.

That's why I connected Mocha's disappointment to my [BETA] character act.

You may be wondering, why do I hold so much regards in Mocha-san's opinion of my generic student character act?

Going back to the first moment we met, where we accidentally bumped into each other.

Remember me talking about how I didn't notice her, thinking my ["Presence Detection"] was off? I was genuinely surprised that I didn't notice her in that moment. [Note: "Presence Detection" is just intuition.]

Most of the time, my "presence detection" is always accurate, however, not sensing her in that incident that we even collided with one another must means she has a weak presence.

That must mean she was an expert at being an irrelevant bystander. The power I was trying so hard to harness as to be the perfect side character, the other side of the coin of my shadow hero roleplay in hiding myself as "Phantom", the hero who lives in the shadows.

That's why I admire her for being a natural at it, in fact, she might have more talent at it than my whole months worth of training.

So, in holding Mocha-san's opinion in high regards, I marked Operation: [BETA] coming in short just like when senpai saw through my act, but performed even worse than it did yesterday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some time passed and the next bell rang ending P.E perion. Which means it was already time for recess.

Because of Operation [BETA] coming in short in my standards, by standards I meant basing it with Mocha-san's reaction, I returned to how I was acting before.

The perfect side character act that I honed during summer break along with Ayaka and interaction with Haruka-san. Because, I think it was the most effective one so far for blending in with the crowds.

The reason I turn back was because the more I try out my last night [Generic Student Character] research, the more Mocha-san got disappointed at me.

It was just a night of research after all, compared to the month's worth of training, it should be the superior of the two.

...

When the school nurse arrived. She was surprised to see all these students loitering around the clinic. Seeing as they are people weren't needing treatment, the nurse freed the room and sent them out.

Mocha-san who was the only one with a valid reason was the only person that was allowed to stay. Although everyone was kicked out of the infirmary, I stayed.

The school nurse allowed me to stay because I was the one to help Mocha-san and get her here. So consider it as a reward of sort and assign me in guarding her as she rest.