Are You Sure ?

Three days later

Wednesday February 9 th 2024

** it's the little hours of the night, Maya and Carina are still in the hospital with baby Niccolas. They are taking turns holding him .. Maya feels Charlotte moving a lot, she really doesn't like all the hospital machines.. she's just very thankful that she's moving now... so far Maya hasn't left Carina's side.. to go home and rest, like she'd said she would do .. she doesn't love leaving her wife's side and their three months old son alone ! Carina is now breastfeeding Niccolas . **

2h38 am

Carina : Hii my little kangaroo.. ohhh why are you so adorable?! Uhhhh !

** she's doing her best to breastfeed him and not give him any air in his mouth... so he doesn't choke. **

Maya : I know right and it's absolutely crazy how all of our precious children were made to be ours, ayyyy ! I'd never want to change anything about them or you and I ! Like Niccolas , he just was meant to be in our family and lives . Don't you think?
Carina: I really think you are right Bambina !

** she looks down at her chest and he's looking up at her... and he has the most beautiful brown eyes... just like Carina's .. and his hair is light brown.. he's holding one of her fingers in his tiny little hands **

2h48 am

**Carina and Maya are now sleeping... one on each side of Niccolas , who's sound asleep in the middle of his moms , with his little arms up and his head is on the right side of the hospital bed, he's got his farm animal and jungle animal baby blanket on him... he always has these two with him everywhere he goes.. **

9h38 am

Addison : knock knocks!

Maya : oh yes come in !
Addison : hi good morning ladies, and good morning to you little gentleman.
Carina: hi , good morning.
Addison : how are we doing today?
Carina: we're doing good today thanks, extremely exhausted and hopeful we can go home this Friday..
Maya : yea , we're really hoping for that..
Addison : alright, are we ready?

** she came in to remove Niccolas's oxygen from his little nose.. he's been proving to everyone that he's doing much better, he can now breathe on his own again.. which is what everyone wanted and waited for him to be able to that to go home.**

Carina and Maya are both holding hands : yes we're ready .
Addison : okay !

** Addison successfully removes his little oxygen from his little nose and he starts breathing on his own again **

You can talk to him..
Carina: hiii bubba ! Hiiiii !
Maya : hi Nico , hiii ! Ohhhh that's a good smile...

So how long do we have to wait and see if he's going to be able to breathe on his own for good?

Addison : oh he's doing absolutely amazing... guess what??
Carina: can I hold him?
Addison : of course you can.. and you can go back home today .

Carina: momma is here...

** he started crying a little **

What did you say?

Maya : she said we could go home today.... Right?

**Addison chuckles **

That's exactly what I said, he's doing perfectly good.. there's no reason to keep him here any longer... I'll let you...

Carina : are you sure he's ready to go back home? How will I know if... he's not going to gasp for air anymore?! He's on the right medication for good right now?