1

Bella groaned at the headache as she opened her eyes. She didn't recognize where she was. She slowly rolled over, realizing she was completely naked, the only thing covering her was a duvet with pink roses on it. She looked over and remembered, the girl, Lily, who she had gone home with from the club last night.

Once Bella had gotten her clothes on, she rushed out of the apartment, beginning her walk of shame back to her and her friend, Rachel's apartment. They had lived together for two years now. They didn't need to live together, but they wanted to. They did everything together anyways. A few months ago, their group had gotten a new member, Tom. Bella had hated him at first, because all of Rachel's attention seemed to be on him, her friendship slipping to the background. Eventually, they started to get along.

Bella opened the door to their apartment, hearing laughs coming from the kitchen. She made her way over, rubbing her throbbing head.

"Bella!" Rachel exclaimed as she made her way to the kitchen, where Tom, Rachel and her boyfriend, Josh were sat around their table, having coffee.

"Why are there people here at this hour, Rach? And why didn't you warn me?" Bella groaned, kicking the heels off her feet and walking to the coffee maker, getting herself a much needed cup.

"It's 2 pm, Bells. And, I did text you, twice" Rachel said, grabbing Josh's hand.

"Oh, my bad. Guess my battery ran out" Bella muttered, leaning on the kitchen counter.

"Where were you anyway?" she heard Tom muttering.

"I think her name was Lily. God, she was hot" Bella sighed dramatically, making Rachel and Josh laugh, but Tom frowned. Bella didn't notice, however.

Bella made her way to the table, still wearing her short, tight, black dress from last night.

"So, what are yall doing today?" Bella spoke to break the sudden, awkward silence. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that everyone but Bella had taken note of Tom's reaction to her talking about sleeping with someone else.

"Another Hunger Games party" Josh said, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Ooo, a party! Can I come?" Bella pouted at Rachel.

"Girl, aren't you hungover?" Rachel asked, giggling at Bella's attempt at puppy dog eyes.

"You can come" Tom spoke up, his eyes flickering to Bella's.

"Great! Maybe there's hot guys there. I'm kinda done with girls, I mean they fuck well, but... God they just get too clingy. Thanks, Tommy boy" Bella spoke, ruffling Tom's hair before getting up from the table and making her way to her room to shower and get ready.

"You okay?" Rachel frowned at Tom as soon as Bella had left the room.

"Why wouldn't I be?" he asked, getting defensive.

"Because you're like, in love with Bella, dude" Josh spoke out, making Tom's eyes widen.

"No, I'm not" he mumbled, not too convincigly. It's not like she'd ever love him back anyway.

Two hours later, Rachel, Tom and Josh had gotten ready and were sitting on the couch, waiting for Bella. When she finally came out of the room, Tom's eyes widened. Her black hair was curled and she had on the most gorgeous burgundy dress and black heels.

"Wow, looking good, Bells" Rachel yelled as she got off the couch, pulling Bella with her as they made their way out the door.

The group made their way inside the club, Bella immediately making her way to the bar, Tom following closely behind. He stood next to Bella as she ordered two tequila shots, immediately downing them to soothe her hangover, making Tom frown slightly.

"Maybe you should slow down a bit" Tom frowned, eyeing Bella's face with worry in his eyes.

"Maybe you should mind your business. Stop being a party pooper" Bella spoke, pouting her lip as she booped Tom's nose.

"Come on, Tommy. Let's go dance" Bella yelled excitedly, grabbing Tom's hands. He felt his pulse quicken as he followed her. He hated dancing, but he would do it. For her.

Tom watched as Bella danced to the song, biting his lip hard as she moved her hips. He stood there awkwardly for a few moments before wrapping his arms around Bella's waist carefully, dancing with her.

"Ooo, he's hot" Bella whisper-yelled to Tom, making him frown slightly as he removed his hands from Bella's waist.

"See anyone you like yet?" Bella asked Tom as he just stood there again.

"Yeah" he accidentally breathed out, staring right at Bella. But, she was too drunk to notice as she made her way to the guy she'd called hot earlier.

Tom held back tears as she danced with him, making his way back to the table with Rachel and Josh.

"Done with dancing already?" Josh asked, eyeing Tom worriedly.

"Yeah" Tom said as he downed a glass of whiskey, his eyes not moving from Bella.

"Dude, just ask her out already" Josh said, sighing. Tom said nothing as Josh handed him a shot, downing it immediately.

"You wanna come home with me?" Bella heard the guy, whose name she learned was Xavier, ask her. She would normally be all for it, but she was still tired from last night, and she had work tomorrow.

"I'm not really feeling it" Bella said, pulling back from him.

"Bitch" she heard him mutter. And that set her off. She didn't think twice before punching him in the face, making him stagger back in shock and pain. Immediately after, she felt strong hands pull her away from him.

"Call me a bitch again! I fucking dare you!" she yelled as she was being pulled away from him and out of the club. She was breathing heavily as she was set down. She turned around and saw Tom, staring at her with discontent. And... pride?

"Bells, you can't do that" he said, biting back a smile.

"What? He called me a bitch. Besides, since when are you the bouncer?" she said, taking a step back from Tom. She heard him let out a laugh.

"Come on, let's get you home" he said with a small smile still playing on his lips, waving over a taxi.