25

Bella was sat on the floor of Laura's hotel room. She'd had a guy over but immediately kicked him out as she saw the state Bella was in. Laura was one of the only people who knew a little more about her background due to drunken confessions. They sat there in silence as Laura poured her another shot of vodka, Bella downing it immediately.

"Fucking shit" Bella cursed as she felt the alcohol burn on the way down.

"Babes? What happened?" Laura asked, not wanting to pry but worried about her friend.

"Just... This is why I don't do this shit" Bella mumbled, pressing the ignore button on her phone for the tenth time as Rachel tried calling her. No doubt Tom had told her what happened. But, she didn't want to face any of it.

"Did he do something?" Laura asked, moving from the bed to the floor, sitting down next to Bella.

"No. But I felt... caged" she spoke out, trying to stop shaking from all the adrenaline.

"I get it" Laura breathed out. She'd had a very similar childhood, and she never judged Bella. Which is why they were so close.

"Laura, no one can know" Bella spoke out, turning to look into her eyes. Without her saying what she was talking about, Laura understood.

"You know I'm not telling anyone. It's not my place" Laura said, resting her head on Bella's shoulder.

"Just... I can't stand it. It's been like 10 years. But I can still feel my own fucking dad... Hitting me. I'm no better than him" Bella muttered out, making Laura sigh as she wrapped her arm around her shoulder. Normally, she wouldn't let anyone be this close to her. But Laura was an exception.

"Never say that again. You're not like him" Laura spoke out, frowning as she heard her phone ringing. She sighed as she got up, seeing Tom was calling her. They'd exchanged numbers at the pool, she thought she was helping Bella by setting them up on a date.

"I need to get it" Laura said, leaving Bella in the bedroom while she went into the bathroom, answering her phone quietly.

"What?" she answered.

"Where is she?" Laura heard Tom immediately ask.

"With me. Just... Give her some space" Laura said before hanging up on him, going back to Bella who was still sat on the floor, now drinking vodka straight out of the bottle.

"You okay?" Laura asked, sitting back down next to her.

"I'll be fine" she muttered, picking up her phone and seeing loads of missed calls and 20 texts from Tom, but she decided not to check them.

"You deserve love, Bells" Laura spoke out, making Bella sigh as she rested her head on Laura's shoulder this time.

The next morning, Bella woke up next to Laura in her bed. She groaned as she felt the headache pounding behind her eyes.

"Laura? I'm going to grab a shower in my room" Bella muttered, making her hum as she turned over and kept sleeping. She slowly slid out of the bed, grabbing her bag before exiting the room. As she made her way towards her room, she hoped no one would be there. She hoped the rest of the group was out and having fun. But immediately when she opened the door, an exhausted looking Tom rushed to her, trying to grab her into a hug. She quickly dodged him as she walked towards their room.

"Baby? Please just talk to me" Tom pleaded, following after Bella.

"I'm not your baby" Bella muttered as she opened her suitcase and got out some underwear and shorts and a top.

"Bells, I'm sorry, okay?" Tom exclaimed, making Bella turn around and stare him right in the eye.

"What the fuck are YOU sorry for? I was the one who fucked up. This is why we'll never work. I'm fucked up, Tom! Stop fucking apologizing and leave me alone!" she yelled before pushing past him and making it all the way to the bathroom before Tom, once again, forced his way in and blocked the door, closing it behind him.

"Talk to me" Tom pleaded quietly as Bella leaned on her hands against the counter, not wanting to face him.

"What do you want to hear, huh?" she yelled out as she turned around, growing frustrated.

"That I'm just as fucked up as my dad?! Well, I am. Now, get the fuck out!" Bella yelled, her breathing heavy.

"W-what?" Tom breathed out, his eyes frozen on Bella's. He was confused as to why she'd bring up her dad.

"Shit" Bella's eyes widened as she realized what she'd just said, rubbing her temples to soothe her headache.

"Just, tell me" Tom pleaded, walking in front of Bella and turning her face to his by her chin gently. Bella's eyes searched Tom's for any fear or doubt. Fine, she tought, maybe this would be the last straw and she'd be rid of him.

"He used to hit me. Happy?" Bella exclaimed, blinking back tears as Tom's eyes widened. Everything started to make sense, why she didn't let anyone close, her anger issues. She was afraid.

"Oh, baby" Tom breathed out, gently bringing Bella to his chest and hugging her tightly.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you" he spoke out as a few tears escaped his eyes at the thought of a young, small and helpless Bella afraid.

"I don't want your pity" Bella mumbled, but not pulling out of the hug.

"I'm not pitying you. I love you" Tom breathed out, resting his chin on top of Bella's head, trying to hug her so tight it'd erase all the bad things that had happened to her.

"I need to shower" Bella mumbled as she pulled away from Tom. She felt hungover and gross.

"Okay" Tom breathed out, kissing her forehead.

"I'll order us some breakfast while you do" he mumbled before walking out of the bathroom. He wanted to follow Laura's advice and give her space, no matter how badly he needed her. He wanted to show her she could trust him.