34

Tom and Bella decided to go to the beach. They dressed up, Bella choosing to wear a bikini and a flowy dress on top. They walked to the beach and set up their towels and laid in the sun, enjoying their last day of sun and warmth before returning to cold and rainy New York.

"I don't want to go back" Bella mumbled as she laid on her back, her eyes closed, enjoying the feeling of sun on her skin.

"We can always come back" Tom smiled, making Bella hum in agreement.

They laid in the sun for hours, Bella reading and exchanging a few words with Tom here and there.

The two decided to end their beach day by taking a dip in the ocean.

"Tom! The water is fucking freezing!" Bella exclaimed as she stood barely in the water, only her ankles in the water.

"Come on, Bells! It's not that bad!" Tom yelled back. As Bella just stood there, Tom groaned before walking to her and picking her up, carrying her to the ocean with him.

"Tom! Put me down!" she laughed as Tom carried her, only setting her down once they were waist-deep in the ocean.

"Fuck! It's cold!" she yelled as she splashed some water on Tom, making him splash her in turn, starting a water fight between the two.

After play-fighting, they finally made their way back to their hotel room, drenched but content. After drying off and changing into comfortable clothes, Bella laid in bed in Tom's arms.

"Any plans when we get back?" Tom suddenly asked her.

"I have practice the day after tomorrow" Bella mumbled, making Tom's grip on her tighten.

"What about you?" she asked him as he stayed quiet.

"Just filming" he answered, playing with Bella's fingers, deep in thought.

"What are you thinking about?" Bella asked, a bit annoyed that Tom wouldn't just bring up whatever was bothering him.

"Just... Will you see any... Ex-hook ups while at practice?" he asked, looking nervous.

"Does that really matter?" she asked, getting angry. She hated how judged Tom made her feel about her past.

"Yeah, it does" he sighs, his arms around her tightening again.

"Why does it matter?" Bella asked, sitting up to create space between them.

"I told you. I get jealous when it comes to you" Tom speaks out, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Right. But that's your issue, not mine. You have to trust me" Bella states, eyeing Tom down.

"Could you just... Not hang out with them?" Tom speaks out, his eyes finding Bella's, almost begging her to say yes.

"What the fuck, Tom? No, I will hang out with whoever I want to" Bella states, making him sigh in jealousy and annoyance.

"I never said you couldn't" he shot back.

"No, you only said you couldn't trust me" Bella snarled, standing up and grabbing her bag.

"You know what, Tom. This was a mistake. We will never fucking work. I'm done" she stated, grabbing her suitcase and hurrying out of the room while Tom was still too shocked to say anything to stop her. She knew she was being a coward. But truth be told, giving her all to Tom was just way too scary. It was better this way, she kept telling herself as she made her way to Laura's hotel room.