23

Bella was in the bathroom of their hotel room, getting ready while Tom was borrowing Rachel and Josh's. She pulled on the dress she'd bought with Rachel, sighing as she looked at herself in the mirror. She didn't know why she felt so nervous. The date with Tom was just to get him off her back, she reminded herself. She took a deep breath before exiting the bathroom, seeing Tom sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Hi" she spoke out, making Tom's gaze snap from his phone to her, his eyes widening.

"W-wow... You look..." Tom stuttered, getting nervous himself. He thought Bella was the most gorgeous woman on this planet.

"That bad? I can change" Bella cringed. She knew she shouldn't have agreed to this.

"No!" Tom exclaimed as Bella was about to turn around, making her freeze. Tom got up and walked to Bella, wrapping his arms around her waist and giving her a soft kiss on the lips.

"You look... Fucking unbelievably gorgeous" he spoke out, his eyes on Bella's.

"Thanks" she breathed out, trying to hide her nervousness. Tom took her hand into his as they walked out of the room and into the lobby of the hotel where Laura was waiting for them.

"Bella! Dude! You look fucking hot!" Laura exclaimed as she hugged Bella, making her giggle. She gave a slight nod to Tom as they made their way outside, Tom opening the door of the cab for the girls. The ride was silent besides Laura rambling on about how there were no hot guys on Greek Tinder. Once they reached the club, Laura dragged Bella to the bar, ordering shots immediately. Bella downed two, wanting to stop being nervous and overthinking. She watched as Tom ordered a whiskey and slowly sipped on it.

The group sat around a table, Bella and Laura sipping on margaritas while Tom was still finishing his first glass of whiskey.

"Bells! I wanna dance!" Laura yelled over the music. Bella grabbed her hand as she turned to Tom to ask him to dance, but he shook his head. She followed Laura to the dance floor, dancing with her, trying to forget about Tom for at least a while.

Tom watched Bella dance. And god, he wanted to make her his. He watched in jealousy as guys tried to approach her, but she pushed them all away, much to his surprise. Once Laura started dancing with someone, Bella made her way back to him.

"Wanna go?" she yelled over the music, making Tom finish his drink and take her hand, following her outside.

"Have fun?" Tom asked as they walked back towards their hotel, his hand in hers.

"I guess" she breathed out. Tom could not keep his eyes off her, watching the moonlight dance on her skin.

The two walked the rest of the way in comfortable silence. Tom didn't want the night to end. Just for one day, he'd felt what it would be like to have Bella just for himself. He wanted it forever.

"So... How do you feel about today?" Tom nervously asked after the two had went into their room and ordered room service. Adventure Time was playing in the background on the TV while the two ate.

"Tom, you're great, but..." Bella started, setting down her fries and turning towards Tom on the couch.

"But what?" he asked, facing Bella.

"I can't" she whimpered out, sad herself that the day was ending. She knew in the end she'd just end up hurt, she didn't want to let him in. Bella fought back tears as Tom gently turned her face to his by her chin, looking her in the eye.

"I want you. This. Forever" he breathed out, his eyes not leaving hers.

"I can't give you that. I'm sorry" Bella said, her eyes watering as she bit down on her lower lip to stop herself from crying.

"Bella, please" he quietly spoke. Bella felt her tears about to spill over. She quickly stood up, about to rush into the bathroom when Tom grabbed her wrist, stopping her.

"Don't run from me" he pleaded quietly.

"Let me go, Tom" Bella whispered. They both knew she wasn't just talking about him letting go of her hand.

"No. Never" Tom spoke, making Bella burst out into tears.