29

A few hours later, Tom pulled a very reluctant Bella out bed to get ready for dinner.

"Do we have to go?" she pouted, crossing her arms as she fought Tom who was trying to pick her up, resulting in a lot of laughing and play-fighting.

"Yes, baby" Tom smiled, picking her up as she giggled. He felt his heart beat faster at the sound of her laughing.

Bella did her makeup while Tom picked out his clothes. 45 minutes later, they walked into the living room where Rachel and Josh were already waiting.

"Let's go!" Tom exclaimed excitedly.

The three decided on a fancy restaurant around the corner from their hotel. They made small talk as they waited for their food.

"How long have you two... Had a thing?" Josh asked, swirling his wine glass in his hands.

"A while now" Tom just smiled, squeezing Bella's hand under the table. She pulled her hand away, feeling awkward about showing any emotion in front of people. Tom frowned as he felt Bella pull away.

"So... Bella, how do you feel about all this?" Rachel asked to break the awkward silence. She noticed Bella being a bit uncomfortable.

"I'm fine" she muttered, taking a bug swig of her wine to soothe her nerves. She had been on many dates, but never in what others would call a relationship, and never with her friends present. All her other dates knew it'd be a one time thing but with Tom, it was different.

After that, Rachel changed the conversation to Snow White, which she'd been filming for a while. The four ate while they made small talk.

Afterwards, Josh and Tom split the bill. As they were leaving, Tom tried to grab Bella's hand, but she pulled away again, making Tom blink back tears.

"Why don't you want to hold my hand?" he asked softly after they'd arrived back in their room. Bella sighed as she plopped down on the bed, needing some time alone to process everything.

"Give me some time, Tom" she said snappily. Tom frowned as he sat down next to Bella, placing his hand on her back.

"You don't want people to know we're together" he stated sadly.

"God, can you stop being such a baby?" Bella snapped, feeling overstimulated after everything due to her ADHD.

She felt a pang of guilt in her heart as she heard Tom sniffling.

"I'm sorry, I just meant... I'm not used to this" she sighed, sitting up and wrapping her arms around Tom, who was crying.

"It's fine, Bells" he breathed out as he dried his tears.

"I'm sorry, Tommy" Bella frowned, kissing his cheeks that were pink due to his tears.

"I want everyone to know that you're mine" he gently spoke out as he laid his head against her shoulder.

"I know, I'm just... Not there yet" she sighed, starting to feel anxious about making Tom cry.

"Tell me you're mine" he pleaded nervously, turning Bella's gaze to his with his fingers on her chin.

"I'm yours, Tom" she mumbled nervously, frowning at her growing anxiety levels.

"You okay?" Tom frowned as he saw Bella struggling to keep herself in place.

"Yeah. I'm fine, Tom" she fake smiled, about to pull away when he grabbed her by the waist and laid her down on top of him.

"You've been acting weird tonight. You're... snappy" he spoke carefully, running his fingers through her hair.

Bella frowned at his words. She'd always been told she was weird, different because of her ADHD. That's why she'd resorted to never telling anyone about it.

"Sorry" she mumbled as she buried her face in Tom's chest, her cheeks turning pink at the thought of him already starting to think less of her.

"Hey, I didn't mean it in a bad way, baby. I'm just worried, that's all" he spoke gently, giving her a kiss on the top of her head.

"Is it okay if I go hang out with Laura for a while?" Bella spoke out, wanting to let her anxiety out to someone.

"I guess" Tom frowned as she got up and grabbed her phone before walking out of the room, leaving him wondering what he did wrong.