17

Bella did her best to avoid Tom after what he'd said to her the other day. She barely left her room, except if she texted Rachel first to confirm no one was over. She already dreaded tonight knowing she had promised to go out with the cheerleading squad and the hockey team again.

She got ready in her room, trying to ease her anxiety by putting extra care in her look. By the time she was finished, even she herself thought she was gorgeous, which was very rare. She smiled at her new hair before finally walking out of her room after making sure the coast was clear, and making her way to the Uber she had ordered.

Bella had succeeded in getting Tom off her mind for approximately 5 minutes during the whole night. She downed a bunch of shots and danced with the hockey players, avoiding Nathan, who had tried to text her a few times since they'd had their one night stand. She hadn't responded but clearly, he had not taken the hint.

A few hours and a lot of dancing later, Bella was outside on the patio smoking a cigarette with some of the hockey team, Nathan trying really hard to be all over her. She tried her best to ignore him as she jumped when hearing a familiar voice behind her in the cool air.

"Baby! There you are! I missed you today" she heard Tom's voice exclaim. She jumped as she turned to him, giving him a death glare.

"What the hell are you doing here?" she asked angrily, taking a puff of her cigarette.

"I came to pick you up" he stated, gesturing towards his car. He knew Bella had a weak spot for cars, and he knew what he was doing when he came to pick her up in a Subaru, the exact kind Bella had wanted for forever. She'd been jealous when she'd first seen his car when he took her and Rachel to the movies after they'd just met, and she went frantic over it.

"I'm not going with you" Bella stated, eyeing Tom as she inhaled smoke into her lungs. Tom took a step towards Bella, only for Nathan of all people to step between them protectively.

"She said she's not going with you, man" he said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"And who the fuck are you?" Tom asked, trying to hide his jealousy but failing miserably.

"Me and Bella have been... Hanging out" he stated, making Tom clench his fists in jealousy and anger.

"God, just stop with the dick measuring contest" Bella said, flicking off her cigarette in annoyance.

"I'll go. Sorry Nathan" she said, embarrassed that almost the whole hockey team had seen the scene Tom had caused. Bella reluctantly followed Tom to his car, letting him open the door for her before getting into the driver's seat himself. She stayed silent the whole way home, annoyed and angry at Tom for what he'd just done.

"Thanks" she just mumbled as she tried to get out of the car. She wanted to know how Tom had known where she'd been, but her pride was too big for her to be talking to him right now. She opened the door before Tom's hand suddenly pulled it shut again, making Bella freeze.

"I told you. I'm not going to share you" Tom stated, his eyes on Bella and his voice full of possessiveness.

"And I told you. I don't give a fuck" Bella said angrily, opening the door again and getting out, slamming it shut behind her.