32

"Bells, just tell me what happened?" Laura yelled over the music as Bella was downing her third shot of tequila. Rachel was stood there with her hand on Bella's shoulder.

After getting mad at Tom, Bella had stormed out of the hotel room, her two best friends running after her after seeing a teary-eyed Tom emerge from their bedroom.

"Nothing" Bella mumbled, biting down on a lemon to get rid of the aftertaste that tequila left in her mouth.

"You're clearly not okay" Rachel tried, trying to comfort her by pulling her into a hug.

"Guys, let's just have some fun. And dance!" Bella yelled out, wanting to forget about everything for a while.

Two hours later, after way too many shots, Rachel and Laura were carrying a very drunk Bella back to their room.

"Lauraaa! I want to stay with you" she mumbled out, not able to think clearly. She'd been throwing up most of the shots by the time the two girls had found her in the bathroom.

"Considering Tom's been texting both me and Rach non-stop for the past two hours, I don't think that's a good idea. I'm bringing you to him" Laura reasoned as Rachel opened the door to their hotel room.

"Traitor!" Bella exclaimed dramatically as Rachel pulled the door open. Immediately, a worried looking Tom came up to Bella and carefully took her into his arms, picking her up bridal style.

"You will pay for this!" Bella yelled out to Laura dramatically as Tom carried her to their room, setting her down on the bed carefully before closing the door behind them. She immediately went quiet, feeling awkward because of their fight earlier.

"Bells" he quietly spoke as he laid down next to her. She quickly turned around, cringing as she didn't want to face him.

"Bells, baby. Talk to me" he spoke quietly as he wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his chin on top of her head.

"I'm too drunk" Bella mumbled, feeling anxious, but not pulling away from Tom's touch. His touch felt grounding, she felt her anxiety lessen the moment he was next to her. Tom sighed as his hands went into her hair, running through it in a way that he'd noticed calmed her down.

"I can see that" Tom said, amusement in his voice. Bella turned around and glared at him.

"Do not laugh at me right now. I'm drunk and I don't feel well" she pouted, staring into his eyes.

"Sorry, baby" he mumbled, smiling down at her. He felt relieved that she ended up next to him, and that she didn't seem angry anymore. He kissed her forehead softly as he ran his fingers through her hair.

"You ruined me" Bella pouted, making Tom frown and his heart stop.

"How's that?" he asked, fearing her answer.

"You're like... All I can fucking think about. All night I fucking missed you" she confessed, her eyes closing as he touched her hair gently. Tom smiled wide at her words.

"That's how I feel about you all the time" he spoke quietly.

"Nu-uh" she let out, not opening her eyes.

"Sometimes I wonder why you like me so much" she confessed. She was too drunk to keep her walls up right now. Tom liked that she was being honest, though he was sure she'd regret it once she was sober again.

"I like you because you're bold. I like you because you stand up for what you believe in. You're strong, and you fight for the people you love. Sometimes literally" Tom breathed out a laugh.

"Shut up" Bella mumbled, burying her head in Tom's chest as her cheeks turned pink. She wasn't used to anyone speaking about her so beautifully.

"But most of all. I like- actually love you, because you're unapologetically you" Tom confessed, his fingers now running up and down her bare arm, his other hand wrapped around her middle as she laid against his chest.

"I've never loved anyone before" Bella mumbled out sleepily, so close to passing out.

"You're the first woman I've loved. And you'll be the last" Tom whispered, kissing her cheek as she finally let sleep take her.