4

The next day was full of brutal rehearsals. Bella was cheering in a huge game tomorrow, and their final rehearsals always took absolutely everything out of her.

When Bella finally got to go home, she was stressed and exhausted. The game was a big deal and their half-time show would be televised.

"Bells?" she heard Rachel call as she arrived home.

"Yeah?" she yelled out tiredly, walking to her room, her door wide open.

"Big day tomorrow?" Rachel smiled at her from her bed, Josh laying down next to her.

"Yup" Bella breathed out.

"I wish I could be there. But you know, photoshoot" Rachel pouted.

"It's okay. I'll be fine" Bella mumbled back before turning around and walking to her room. She knew Rachel had been busy since she started acting, but she sometimes wished she'd have someone rooting for her in the audience. Bella's dad was a deadbeat, who had left his family when she had been 12 years old. She had her mom, but she was busy taking care of her now 13-year old sister. She felt lonely a lot of the time, though she'd never admit that to anyone.

"We've got this" Laura said as their team walked out of the dressing room and onto the hockey field. Bella felt herself growing very nervous as she watched the stadium, packed with people. When the music turned on, however, she forgot about the people and focused on the choreography. Sooner than she realized, it was over and people were cheering for them. She smiled as she realized it had went perfectly. As they walked back to the dressing rooms, Bella felt her heart stop. Waiting there by the door, was Tom with a bouquet of roses. She slowed down as she walked towards him. As soon as Tom saw her, his mouth turned into a beaming smile.

"Hi" Tom breathed out as Bella stood in front of him.

"What are you doing here?" Bella asked in her emotionless manner.

"I came to watch your show. You did perfectly. I knew you would" Tom smiled as he handed her the flowers.

"Tommy boy, you shouldn't have" Bella said, giving him a controlled smile, not letting her emotions show. They smiled at each other for a bit before Bella heard Laura calling for her. Bella found herself, once again, just for a second, thinking about kissing him.

"I have to go. You know, celebrate with the team" Bella explained, eyeing Tom.

"Yeah, yeah. Go" Tom said, giving her a fake smile.

"Thanks, Tom. For the flowers. And for coming" Bella said, looking down at the roses in her hand.

"Of course" Tom smiled. Bella turned around and started to walk back to the dressing room before stopping and turning back around to Tom.

"You wanna come out with us for a drink?"

And so, an hour later the cheerleaders and Tom were out. One of them, who Tom learned was called Julia, was all over him. But he barely noticed her as Bella sat next to him, sipping her gin and tonic.

"She likes you, you know" Bella spoke up when the rest of the group left for the dance floor, leaving only her and Tom sitting at the table.

"Who?" Tom asked, his eyes still on Bella.

"Julia. She's all over you" Bella smiled, not wanting to show any of the jealousy she was feeling. Only because of the alcohol, she told herself.

"She's not my type" Tom just said, taking a sip of his whiskey.

"Not your type? Tom, she's fucking hot" Bella exclaimed.

"Not interested" Tom just mumbled.

"Tommy boy, you really need to learn to relax. You don't need to like her. Just have sex with her" Bella suggested, taking a sip of her drink.

"Nah, I'm into someone else anyway" Tom shyly said, looking down at his glass as he nervously fiddled with his rings.

"Aww, that's so sweet. Tommy boy has a crush. Let me guess, someone you work with?" Bella tried to pry.

"I really don't want to talk about it" he mumbled as he downed the rest of his drink.

"I think I'm ready to go home" Tom said, getting up.

"I'll leave too. I'm tired from today" Bella mumbled, following Tom out of the club.

"Wanna share a cab?" Tom suggested, opening the door for Bella.

"Sure" she mumbled.