10

After a whole day of self loathing and feeling guilty about having sex with Tom, Bella definitely was not ready for practice. But, she had no choice.

After being yelled at, dropped half a dozen times and almost breaking her arm, practice was finally over. Bella winced in pain, new bruises forming on her arms and legs in addition to her hand that she'd already hurt. She decided to go straight home.

As Bella opened the door to her and Rachel's apartment, she heard voices, all of them familiar. This time, one of them made her freeze. She waited for a bit in the kitchen before working up the courage to walk through the living room. She saw Tom, Josh and Rachel sat around their couch, a monopoly game set up between the three.

"Bella!" Rachel exclaimed, making her wince as Tom's gaze snapped to her. Bella said nothing, nodding to Rachel as she quickly tried getting into her bedroom. She was anxious and sad, and wanted to be alone.

"Come hang with us" Bella heard Josh say, making her stop in her tracks and sigh before turning around and walking over to the couch, not wanting to be rude. She dropped her gym bag on the floor, sitting next to Rachel in her sweaty clothes, feeling like crap. And also, feeling awkward. She felt Tom's gaze on her as she stared at her hands and pulled on the sleeves of her sweatshirt.

"You feeling okay?" Bella heard Rachel ask quietly as Josh and Tom bickered over how much rent Josh owed for parking in Tom's space. Bella just shrugged. She felt confused, scared, anxious and lost. She'd performed miserably at practice.

"I think I'll just go to bed" she mumbled before getting up and walking to her bedroom. As soon as she closed the door, she flopped down on her bed and burst into tears. She would never let anyone see her feel any type of feeling. Bella pulled the covers on top of herself as she tried to cry silently. She jumped as she heard a knock at the door, quickly wiping her tears and clearing her throat.

"Who is it?" she asked. She got no answer, but heard the door opening. She dried her tears frantically, not wanting anyone to see her in this state. Confused, she pulled the covers off herself to see whoever had just entered her room.

And there stood Tom, looking shy and nervous.

"You okay?" he just asked.

"Fine and dandy" Bella lied, staring at him. Why was he here? She had acted terribly towards him the last time he was here.

"Tommy, listen" she sighed as she sat up in her bed.

"I'm sorry about how I treated you last time. I want to still be able to be friends" Bella spoke, eyeing Tom to see his reaction.

"Friends?" Tom just asked, biting his lower lip as he stared at Bella.

"Yeah. Friends" Bella answered, not able to keep her eyes away from his lips.

"You sure about that?" he asked as he walked over to her bed, sitting down on it next to her, his eyes flickering to her lips.

"Yeah" she breathed out, her eyes still on his lips. Tom's hands went to her jaw as he pulled her in, kissing her deeply. Bella felt herself kissing back, it was more of a reflex than an active decision. She felt herself panting as Tom pulled away and rested his forehead on her's, his thumb rubbing her cheek gently.

"Friends don't kiss like that" Tom stated quietly, making Bella sigh.

"Tommy, I-" she started but was cut off by him kissing her again. Just as slowly and deeply, like she was all he needed in life.

Tom had been angry and hurt after Bella had been so cold towards him after their night together. But more than anything, he'd missed her. He needed her lips. He needed her. He wanted to show her his feelings through this kiss, pouring every ounce of himself into it. As they pulled away, Bella was panting again.

"Tommy. I can't" she said, removing his hands from her face.

"Why not?" he asked, still staring at her with nothing but love in his eyes.

"I don't want this" Bella mumbled, holding back tears. She could never admit to having feelings for someone. She was known to be a player. To be cold, have no feelings.

"I'll wait. Until you change your mind" Tom stated, kissing Bella's cheek. She had no time to answer as Tom stood up and walked out of her room.