31

Bella woke up in Tom's arms. She found herself smiling as she ran her fingers over his chest. She was terrified of how strongly he made her feel, and how openly she'd showed him how much he meant to her.

"Morning, baby" Tom said groggily as he smiled down at her, pulling her out of her thoughts.

"You sleep well?" she asked him, her fingers still tracing his bare skin.

"Like a baby" he smiled out, squeezing Bella in his arms.

"Any plans for today?" she asked him. They only had a few days left in Athens, and she wanted to enjoy it as much as she could.

"Me and Josh wanted to go see Acropolis. But I could cancel and lay in bed with you... All day" he smiled as he kissed her forehead.

"No, go! I can have a girls' day with Rach and Laura" she smiled, wanting to spend time with her best friends.

So a few hours later, Tom kissed Bella goodbye before leaving to go sight-seeing with Josh. Rachel, Laura and Bella settled by the pool with margaritas to have a girls' day.

"So wait... You're like... In a relationship?" Laura asked, seeming totally surprised by the turn of events.

"I don't really know" Bella mumbled, taking huge sips of her drink to avoid getting too anxious while thinking about her situation.

"Damn, girl. I'm happy for you. I'll miss nights out with you, though" Laura smiled.

"I'll still go out with you, you know. I'm not gonna change just because of him" Bella stated, glancing over at Rachel who was listening to the two.

"You think Tom will be okay with you going out that often?" Laura asked, taking a sip of her drink.

"Doesn't matter what he thinks. I'm an adult. I make my own decisions" Bella muttered, getting increasingly anxious about the assumptions that were being made.

"I've never seen him the way about anyone that he is about you. You need to also consider his feelings" Rachel said slowly, nervously biting her lower lip as she watched for Bella's reaction.

"He knows who I am. If he thinks I'll change for him, that's his problem" Bella shrugged as she took another sip of her drink.

A few hours later, the girls got ready to go out in Rachel's hotel room. They laughed and listened to music while they did their makeup.

"We're back!" Bella heard Josh exclaim as she was applying lipgloss.

Josh emerged into the room, saying hi to the girls before going to Rachel and kissing her. Tom came into the room a minute later, walking over to Bella and trying to kiss her, but she dodged him as she felt everyone's eyes on them, giving him an awkward smile.

"Where yall going looking this fancy?" Josh spoke up to break the awkward silence.

"Clubbing!" Rachel exclaimed happily, giving Josh a spin to show off her outfit. Bella was confused when she noticed Tom frown before quickly fixing his face.

"Bells, a minute?" he quietly asked, making Bella set down her lipgloss and follow him into their room.

"What is it?" she asked as she closed the door behind them.

"Just... I missed you" Tom smiled as he sat down on the foot of their bed, holding out his hands for Bella. She walked into them, letting Tom hug her waist and bury her head into her stomach. Her hands went into his hair.

"You gonna be out late?" Tom asked, his voice coming out muffled as he was leaning against her.

"I dunno, maybe. Why?" she asked, her hands going through his hair absentmindedly.

"Because I missed you. I want you here" he mumbled. Bella sighed, so this is what Rachel meant when she said she'd have to take Tom's feelings into consideration. Why was he being so clingy again?

"I know, but... I wanna go out with my friends" Bella said, pulling back from Tom's hold.

"Yeah, for sure" Tom said, dropping his arms and biting his lower lip nervously.

"What is it?" Bella sighed, annoyed that Tom was clearly worried about something but not speaking out.

"Don't get mad, okay?" Tom pleaded, looking into her eyes before speaking out again.

"I'm a bit nervous. Because you're going out. And I know you're used to doing whatever you want-" he rambled but Bella cut him off.

"Seriously? You're the one that wanted to be with me, and you can't even trust me?" she spat out, her eyes glaring at Tom.

"No, baby, that's not what I-" he started frantically but was cut off once again.

"Save it. I'm going to go have fun with my friends" Bella spat as she turned around and stepped out of the room, slamming the door shut behind herself. Tom was left in their room alone, even more anxious about her going out after making her angry.