Chapter 5

ELENAS POV

California? that's so far away from here.

Everyone around the table started to get up to congratulate and hug Sara but I couldn't even move. My best friend who I see almost every day is leaving me.

"El, please talk to me."

"How long?"

"How long what?"

"How long are you gonna be gone?" I asked turning towards her.

"3 months," Sara said with a sigh.

"I can hardly go a day without seeing you and now you're leaving me for 3 months."

"Hey we have face time, I'll still call you every day, plus those 3 months will go by so fast you won't even notice I'm gone."

"I guess not, what about you and Luke."

"We talked about it and he said 3 months isn't too long and we'll still be able to maintain our relationship."

"That's good," I said lying right through my teeth.

Wow my best friend is leaving for 3 months and all I'm worried about is her freaking boyfriend. I need help.

Speak of the devil. He walked right over to Sara and placed his hand around her waist. I've never been more jealous of her.

"Now c'mon don't be upset, I still have a week left here and I'm gonna spend it with my two favorite people," Sara said smiling at us both.

---

The next morning I woke up I got a call from Sara.

"Hey Sara, what's up?"

"Hey are you free today?"

"Yeah after work I think I'm free."

"Good because you're going on a double date with me and Luke."

"Can I take a rain check," I said sighing into my pillow.

"Nope sunshine, you're going no matter what, Luke and I will pick you up at 8, be ready."

After she said that she hung up. Today was going to be "so great."
///
sorry this chapter was kinda short but thanks for reading!