Chapter 15

ELENAS POV

The next morning I woke up and drove to the airport by myself. I got a text from Sara saying that Luke couldn't pick her up because he was sick. Yeah, I thought, sick of seeing me.

I know I was a little too harsh on him yesterday, but I had to say those things. What happened between us was great but it can't ever happen again. Not as long as I wanna be friends with Sara.

When I got to the airport Sara was right there waiting for me. I got out of the car and went over to hug her.

"Oh Elena, I missed you so much!"

"I missed you more," I replied as I hugged her tighter.

We both got in my car as I began to drive her to Luke and her's apartment.

"I can't wait to get back to normal. How have you and Luke been?"

I cringed at the sound of his name.

"I have kept to myself a lot while you were gone so I don't really know how he's doing," I said lying right through my teeth.

"Oh I was just wondering because he hasn't answered any of my calls. I hope he's okay."

"How was California," I said changing the subject.

"It was really great! it's so pretty there, we'll all have to go some time."

"Yeah that sounds like a plan."

"So I know you couldn't have kept
to yourself the whole time. Any new boys I should know about?" she said with a smirk.

"I'm actually going on a date today."

"With who?"

"I'm gonna tell you, but promise me you won't judge or laugh."

"I promise," she said with a straight face.

"I'm going on a date with Michael."

"Lover boy?"

"Yes," I said with a sigh.

There was silence before Sara bursted out laughing.

"You said you wouldn't laugh!"

"That was before I knew who it was," she said giggling.

"He's a really nice guy and he's cute plus he's not a creeper," I said glaring at her playfully.

"Are you ever gonna let me live that down," she said as we turned at her apartment and she unbuckled her seat belt.

I helped her grab some of her bags. We walked up to the door and set them down. As she opened the door I turned away.

"Aren't you gonna come in?"

I didn't want to be around Luke right now especially since Sara was home. I don't think it would be the best idea to go in there after what carried on the previous day.

"Nah, I got to get ready for my date. I'll see you later."

---
I decided to put on a tribal romper and a beige sweater with some nude sandals.

I got a text from Michael saying he would be here in a few minutes. Part of me was excited for this date but the other part of me was nauseous.

Michael is a good guy but he's not the guy I wanted. The guy I wanted was Luke. I wish I could go back to those days we spent when Sara was gone. All of the "friendly" dates and the scary movie marathons. I'd do anything to get them back.

I heard a knock on my door and went over to open it.

"Hey, are you ready to go?"

I thought back to those days with Luke. I couldn't be with Luke. He was dating my best friend and he was way too good for me. I had to settle for what I could get.

"Yeah, let's go."
///
Sara just got back from California & Elena is about to go on a date with Michael! How is this going to affect Elena & Luke?? Keep reading and find out :)
thx for reading!