Chapter 20

ELENAS POV

previously

"Sara, Luke's cheating on you with Elena. I just thought you should know," After flashing his signature smirk he ran away before anyone could catch him.

I turned to look at Sara but she had ran to another room.

I looked at Luke and he was looking down at the ground stunned at what had just happened. I didn't know what to do. I felt uncomfortable and out of place.

I decided to leave without even saying good bye or explaining myself to Sara. What could I say? Oh, sorry for falling for your boyfriend and hooking up with him twice not to mention one time in your apartment and the other time in your old bed room.

I went straight to my apartment and got in my bed without even changing my clothes or taking off my makeup. I went to sleep trying to forget all of what happened today.

---
A few days later
The next morning I woke up and went into work.

"Hey are you alright?" Ashton said as I walked in.

"I'm fine, I just really wish I was dead right now."

My best friend was probably never ever going to talk to me again and I had the biggest headache in the world.

"If it makes you feel better your boyfriends coming in right now."

I turned and looked at the front door. Michael came in with what looked like breakfast for me.This didn't make me feel any better. In fact it made me want to throw up. I had just remembered that I hooked up with Luke a few days ago.

"How are you babe," Michael said as walked up to the counter and handed me a bag with from Bagel World.

I couldn't even answer him. I went straight to the bathroom and threw up. It was disgusting but it did felt like I was letting out something that had been in me for a long time. When I came out Michael was where I left him standing behind the counter looking at me with a concerned expression.

"Is everything alright Elena? did something happen at Sara's the other night?"

I had to come clean but I couldn't just out and tell him. We've only been together for a short time and he's been so good to me. I couldn't lose this one good thing I had right now.

"Yeah I'm fine, wanna hang out later?"

---
After work was over I went straight to my apartment and decided to give Sara a call. I doubt she would want to hear a word I had to say but I needed her to let me explain myself before she just gave up on our friendship.

When I called her it rung once and then it went straight to voicemail. I called her 3 more times and it did the same thing. I'm pretty sure she blocked my number.

We needed to handle this like adults. I drove straight to her house. If she didn't want to accept my calls, I would come straight to her face.

I knocked on her door and to my surprise I was faced with a tear stained Luke.

"Where's Sara?" I said not even trying to initiate a conversation with him. He was part of the problem we were in this mess. I didn't care that he was crying all I cared about right now was seeing Sara.

"She's gone."

"What?"

"None of her stuff is here and I haven't seen her since a few days ago," he said with a sniffle, "Sara's gone."