Chapter 28

ELENAS POV

Previously
"Were y'all friends in college?"

"Uh," Kate said slowly.

"We were a little more than friends," Luke replied.

"What do you mean?"

"We dated."

"Oh," I said hoping sadness wasn't evident in my voice.

"Well, I have to go I'll see you later Elena," Kate said hugging me, "And I'll see you tomorrow Luke," she said with a wink.

As she walked off I turned and faced Luke angrily.

"Tomorrow?"

"Yes, I'm going on a date with Kate tomorrow."

"Hope you have fun," I said walking off.

"You don't have a right to be angry at me," he said walking behind me.

"You're right."

"So stop being mad at me."

Everyone had left the building and it was only me and Luke inside. I stopped and turned around to look at him. Both of our lips were only a few inches away.

"I'm not mad at you."

"Yes you are."

"Okay fine Luke, I am! I want you to move on but I also still have feelings for you and I just wish-"

"Wish what?"

I kept looking from his eyes to his lips and he was doing the same. I leaned in and kissed him. I had wanted to do this all day. I grabbed his face and he put his hands around my waist. It felt like no one was there but us.

"Having fun?" I heard someone say behind me and I instantly recognized the voice and leaned away quickly from Luke.

"Sara, it's not what it looks like."

"I know what it is. He's trying to seduce you like he always does."

I blushed and looked away. It wasn't Luke this time I was the one that initiated the kiss.

"I-"

"You almost ruined our friendship and now you're trying to ruin her marriage? What are you gonna destroy next?" Sara said angrily.

Luke was stunned at Sara's words and he just walked out of the venue without responding to her or saying a goodbye to me.

"I told you putting him in this wedding was a bad idea."

"Sara it's not his fault, I-"

"Stop covering for him!"

"Stop yelling at me!"

We both stood in silence avoiding each other's stares.

"I'm sorry Elena I'm just worried about you."

"Why?"

"Because I don't think you love Michael."

"What?"

"You may love Michael but you're not in love with him. You're in love with Lu-"

"Don't finish that sentence."

"You don't want to hear it because you know it's the truth."

"That's not true."

"Listen if you think I have a problem with you being with Luke I don't. I have Ashton and he's the best thing that's ever walked into my life. He's showed me what true love is. I don't care about Luke but I do care about you and I just don't want you to rush into marrying Michael if you don't really want to."