Chapter 12

ELENAS POV

I talked to Sara. She told me about how her job was going and how California was great and that I would love it and I should come down some time. I thought of taking up that offer but I never really traveled that much so I'm not sure if I would be interested. She seemed to be enjoying herself so that made me happy.

A few days passed since the last time I had saw Luke. I gave him a call but he didn't pick up on the first ring. That was strange so I decided to head to his and Sara's apartment.

I didn't even have to knock on the door I already had a spare key. When I opened it I walked into the house and saw the door to Luke's room was closed and looked to be locked.

I knocked on it lightly.

"Luke?"

"Go away."

"Luke, please open the door."

"Please go away."

"Luke, what's wrong?"

I heard him shuffle and get up to open the door.

"You."

"What?"

"I like Sara you know. She's beautiful and sweet and a great girl and I like her a lot."

"Why are you tell-"

"Just listen Elena," he said sternly, "I like Sara a lot but I don't love her."

We stared at each other silence. I couldn't believe the words that had just come out of his mouth. Part of me was happy for this new revelation and the other part was confused.

"Luke-"

Before I could finish my words he put his lips to mine. When he kissed me it felt like every care in the world I had ever had was being lifted away.

"I love you, Elena."

I was so stunned by his words. I waited so long for him to say this and now I didn't even know how to react. It took everything for me not to smash my lips into his again but I knew this wasn't right.

"I have to go," I said and turned away.

"Wait, Elena."

"We can't do this, she's my best friend!"

"And she's my girlfriend...wanna make out?"

After he said that I was sold.