Chapter 23

ELENAS POV

Previously
I thought about Sara. I missed her so much. I missed calling her everyday. I missed her dropping in at my job. I missed our shopping sprees. I just missed talking to her. Just as I was getting more lost in my thoughts I looked over at my phone to see it was buzzing. I looked at the name calling me. It was Sara.

"Hi Elena."

I couldn't believe she was talking to me. I thought she would never speak to me again.

"Hey Sara."

"Listen I'm sorry about yest-"

"No Sara, you have no reason to apologize. I'm sorry about everything. I never wanted any of this to happen."

"I forgive you. I'm still upset of course but I forgive you."

"Well I'm glad you forgive me," I said smiling.

"I had no choice, I can't do life without my best friend."

I could feel her smile through the phone and it made my heart melt.

"Wanna hang out soon?"

"El, I forgive you but it's gonna be a while before we can hang out, you understand that right?"

I deserved it. I was grateful she even forgave me.

"Yeah I understand, I'll talk to you later."

"Bye," she said and I hung up.

I pulled up to the apartment happily. Even though Sara and I wouldn't be hanging out -for now- I was just so glad that she forgave me. This day couldn't get any better.

When I opened my door the lights were dim and there were rose petals leading to the dining area in the kitchen. I was confused as I walked over to see my table was decorated. It had red cloth over it and a red rose in a vase was at the center of the table. Placed on the table was two plates of my favorite food, lasagna. I wonder who did all of this?

Just as I thought that I felt someone place their hands over my eyes. I yelped until I heard a familiar voice.

"Guess who?"

"Mikey," I said turning around and slapping him playfully on the arm, "What is all of this?"

"Just a little dinner."

I looked at the beautifully decorated table and back at Michael.

"This is not little Michael this is adorable and also very sweet of you," I said and gave him a small peck on the cheek.

"Thank you, take a seat," he said as he blushed pulled out my chair which I gladly sat in.

We sat and had small chat for a while. We both began to eat and I had to say the lasagna was great. I didn't know Michael could cook.

"Michael, this lasagna is great, what's your secret?"

"My mom."

"Hmm?"

"My mom made it," he said with a chuckle.

I should've known.

I laughed at him as I wiped my mouth with a napkin.

"You're such a dork."

"A dork that you love."

"True," I replied looking down as I blushed.

"Speaking of love," he mumbled, "El, I have something to tell you."

"Shoot," I said setting down the fork in my hand.

"Elena, I-uh," he looked around nervously," Um-I."

"Tonight, Mikey?" I said smirking at him.

"Elena, I love you."

"I love you too Michael."

"No Elena," he said getting up and walking over to where I sat and I could've sworn he had something in the pocket of his pants,"I'm in love with you."

No one had ever said those words to me. Of course I heard the phrase all my life from my dad (once), Sara, Sara's parents, and even from past boyfriends but no one had ever told me they were in love with me. Well except for Luke.

"Michael I-"

"Elena," he said pulling a square box out of his pocket, "I love you a lot. I love your hair, I love how you're always cold and you have to use my jacket, I love how you laugh at all my dumb jokes, I love making you happy and I love you. Let me make you happy for the rest of your life. Will you marry me?"

Michael opened the box and in it was a very nice sized ring with a diamond that looked bigger than my head.

"Michael how did you afford this."

"I've been working a lot plus my parents helped out a little. They were glad to see a girl had taken a liking to me," he said with a faint blush.

"Aw, Mikey."

"Could you answer the question soon my knees are starting to give out," he said looking like he was about to fall. I giggled at his goofiness.

I thought back to what Ashton asked me earlier about marrying Michael or Luke. I love Michael but I wasn't sure if I am in love with him. I love Luke and even though him and Sara are broken up I doubt she would want me seeing him. When I'm with Michael I'm happy but I don't get that same jolt of joy I get as when I'm with Luke. When I'm with Luke I get butterflies of excitement but Michael is so sweet and he makes my heart flutter. I didn't know what to do so I just flipped a coin in my head and let whatever was going to come out next, come out.

"Yes," I said making it almost sound like a question.

"Yes?"

"Yes."

After I said that he picked me up and kissed me. I kissed him back excitedly. He picked me up and lead us into my bedroom. I was consumed by Michael and his every touch but the whole time we were making out I could only think about one persons face. Luke.
///
WOW so Sara & Elena have officially made up and Michael & Elena are going to get married!! Wonder how Luke is going to feel about hearing this??
who do you ship more Melena ((Michael & Elena)) or Eluke ((Luke & Elena)) leave a comment below!!
thanks for reading :)