Chapter 14

ELENAS POV

"Wow, I'm so glad you're coming back," I said trying to sound excited.

"Me too, I've missed you and Luke so much."

I suddenly felt a pang of guilt.

"I need you and Luke to pick me up at the airport. I can't get a hold of him, maybe go by the apartment and see how he's doing. Anyways I'll see you tomorrow, love you, bye!" she replied and hung up hurriedly.

I looked through my phone and saw I had a few messages from Ashton that were sent a few hours ago.

Ashton: Boss says you need to get here
Ashton: she says you have 10
minutes
Ashton: hurry if you still want a job
Ashton: I told her you were sick but I don't think she believes me

I hooked up with my best friends boyfriend and I'm probably gonna lose my job. Today was just great. I went straight to the bathroom. I felt like I was going to throw up.

I heard Luke come in.

"El, what's wrong?"

"This. Us. It's all wrong."

"What are you-"

"Sara called me. She's coming back tomorrow."

Luke stared blankly at the wall next to my head.

"We fucked up Luke, we shouldn't have done this. Sara is a good person and a great friend. She didn't deserve this."

"Elena baby, we can explain this to Sara and-"

"No! I'm not losing Sara, she's my best friend. I'm leaving this apartment and we're gonna act like none of this ever happened the movie marathons, the bowling, the hookup, and all the other stuff."

"Elena."

"I'll see you tomorrow when we go pick up Sara, but other than that I cannot see you anymore."

"Elena, please."

"I need to go to work and explain why I wasn't there today, you're not going to make me lose my best friend and my job too."

I grabbed my stuff and I left the apartment.

---
I went to work and explained to my boss that I was sick. She said that I had never missed a day before and I was good worker so she would keeps me but I had a warning.

"I was worried about you," Ashton said as he fixed a customer some type of sandwich.

"I'm fine, I just got caught up in something."

"Here comes your usual customer," Ashton said with a smirk.

Michael walked inside with his hair dyed green this time.

"Hey Elena, can I ask you something."

I didn't know what I was doing but at the moment it just seemed right. I had to get over Luke. The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.

"Yes, Michael I'll go on a date with you."

Ashton smirked over at us.

"I was just gonna ask if you all started selling pizza yet, but that's even better!"

I laughed at him and we exchanged numbers. We decided to go on a date tomorrow. I needed something to distract me from Luke.

///
How do you guys feel about Elena & Michael???? comment below!
thanks for reading :)