Chapter 26

ELENAS POV

Previously
My life had changed so much. I found a boy that loved me, my friendship got even stronger with Sara, I made some new friends, and there were no complications in my life right now whatsoever.

I couldn't get any happier. I heard someone knock on the door. That was weird. Everyone knew I was moving out. Who could this possibly be?

I opened the door and was face with someone I didn't think I would ever see again.

"Please tell you didn't think I would miss your birthday."

"Luke?" I said not even believing the sight in front of me. I hadn't seen him in 8 months. His hair looked shorter and he seemed to have grown a beard and he was also less scrawny. I didn't think it was possible but he got incredibility hotter.

"Happy birthday, Elena," he said pulling a bouquet of daisies behind his back and handing them to me. He remembered my favorite kind of flower.

"Luke what are you doing here?"

"Well it's your birthday, I-"

"Not in my apartment, I mean in town? I mean you up and left for months and didn't even tell anyone where you were going."

"That was a hard time for me."

"How do you think it was for me?"

"I-"

"You basically said you hated me Luke and then you just left me. You know how that felt? To leave you calls and you not pick up? To leave you texts and you not respond? To come to your apartment and you're not there?"

"El I can expl-"

"No Luke, let me talk," I said and sighed, "When you left me that really hurt. I really did love you and-"

"You did? Does that mean you don't anymore."

After that there was silence.

"I'm getting married in 2 weeks."

"So what?" He spat at me angrily.

"I love Michael a lot and-"

He stepped closer to me and I was at a lost of words.

"Are you really gonna stand here and act like you don't love me anymore Elena? Act like you don't feel something when I do this," he paused and brushed his hand across my cheek. My breath hitched as moved his hand down to my arms.

"Stop."

"Or this?" he said and began to connect his lips to my neck.

"Stop it Luke," I said even though I wasn't really sure I wanted him to stop.

"Or especially this," he said and connected his lips to mine. It took everything in me to pull back.

"Damnit Luke, I love you okay! Is that what you wanted to hear? That you're still wrapped around my finger? That I can never get enough of you? Huh, is that what you want?" I screamed.

"Elena I lo-"

"Stop, just please stop," I said as tears began to fall down my face.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you," he replies as he wipes away the tears on my face.

We both sat down in silence on my floor for a while.

"Luke?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think maybe we can be friends?"

He paused and turned towards me.

"I guess," he said with a sigh.

"Yay," I said as I sniffled as he gave me a hug.

"Well I gotta get home," I said softly.

"Where do you live now? I'll drop you off."

"Uh it's far from here plus I have Sara's car so, I'll see you later."

I didn't want to tell him I moved in with Michael. We're on good terms right now and I didn't want to ruin that.

---
"Okay so it turns out we're short a groomsman," Sara said as I sat across from her at a coffee shop. We decided to meet early to discuss more wedding planning since it was in 2 weeks we wanted to make sure everything was under control.

"How did that happen?"

"My cousin Brady can't come, he just found out he has a business trip to go on that day," she said with a long sigh.

Sara seemed more worried about it than I was but I decided to worry with her so she wouldn't question why I was out of it. Truthfully I couldn't stop thinking about Luke. I couldn't believe he came back just for me.

"Elena, are you even listening to me! We're short a groomsman and we have the wedding rehearsal tomorrow! The wedding is so close! What are we gonna do?"

"Calm down, think I have an idea of who we could use as a replacement."

"Who?"

I was hesitant about saying his name.

"Luke," I said looking down.

"Luke as in Luke Hemmings?"

"Yes."

"As in the Luke I agreed to never speak to again?"

"Hey, you spoke to me again!"

"You know what I'm not going to argue because it's your wedding but I don't think this is a good idea."

"Why?"

"It's because of Luke our friendship almost ended Elena. In fact you were cheating on Michael when you were hooking up with Luke."

"Yeah but things have changed, I don't feel the same way I did about him," I said which was definitely a lie. If anything the minute I saw Luke's face yesterday my love for him intensified.

"Okay, it's your wedding you can ruin it if you want to," she said sending me a sarcastic smile to which I glared at.
///
thanks for reading!