Chapter 22

ELENAS POV

"Hey Sara."

She didn't say a word to me but she moved out of the way so I could walk in the house.

We both went into the living room. I sat down on the couch and she sat down on a chair far away from me.

"Sara you've gotta talk to me."

Still silence.

"Do you really think I wanted this to happen? Do you think it was my goal to hurt you? You're my best friend."

She didn't even look at me. I couldn't take this.

"Just please say something. How are you?"

"How am I," she finally spoke, "How dare you ask me that. My boyfriend cheated on me with my supposed best friend. How do you think I feel?"

With the death stare she was giving me now part of me missed when she wasn't talking or looking at me.

"Sara please listen-"

"Save it Elena, there's nothing you can say to make this situation better. I'm done with you and Luke. Now you both can go live happily together without doing it behind my back."

"I'm sor-"

"I don't wanna hear it. Please leave."

I didn't protest. I didn't want to make her hate me anymore than she already did.

I decided to go for a drink. These past few days have been pretty hectic and even though I'm not usually a drinker I felt like I deserved one today.

I walked into the bar and laid my head on the counter. How could I let this happen?

I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I looked up to see the last person I needed to see right now.

"Elena-"

"Luke, I'm not in the mood to talk about all this Sara stuff. I just want to drink."

"What do you want?"

"Something strong that'll make me forget everything."

"Good, I do too."

---
Before we knew it Luke and I were dancing on tables and stumbling out of the doorway of the bar. Luke had gotten off early and decided to join me in my drinking parade.

We both ended up feeling really drunk. One of Luke's friends at the bar was nice enough to call us a taxi seeing as we obviously couldn't get home on own.

When we got in the taxi Luke slurringly gave the man driving his address. When the car stopped I got out with Luke. He didn't question me coming with him as we drunkingly walked to his door.

"You don't wanna go to your own place?" he said as he sloppily opened the door.

"No I don't wanna be alone."

"Good, me neither."

We walked in and both sat down on his couch. We stared at each other in silence.

"We are horrible people," I blurted out.

"True."

"You cheated on your girlfriend and I betrayed my best friend."

"Also true."

"We hooked up twice."

"Third times a charm," Luke said jokingly.

I chuckled softly at his attempt to make a joke. I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"How do we fix this Luke?"

"I honestly don't know."

"I just wish there was some way to numb the pain."

We sat in more silence. I looked up at Luke who was already looking down at me. He softly grabbed my face and we both leaned in. We began to make out on his couch. He laid me back and got on top of me. I stopped and disconnected my lips from his.

"Luke what are you doing."

He grabbed my face and began kissing me again.

"Numbing the pain."

---
The next morning I woke up with a horrible headache. I looked over and saw Luke. I also noticed I didn't have any clothes on.

Oh no.

I looked over at Luke to see that he was still asleep. I wanted to ask him what happened last night but part of me was ashamed of what I was sure happened. I began to gather my things and put on my clothes.

"Leaving so soon?" I heard Luke say from the bed. I jumped at his voice.

"Yeah, I gotta work today," I lied. I was supposed to be spending the day with Michael.

"How are you gonna get there?"

Shoot. I don't have a ride because Luke and I left our cars at the bar.

"I'll call someone."

I thought about who I could call to pick me up. I couldn't call Sara because we obviously weren't on good terms. I couldn't call Michael because that would just be awkward for him to pick me up at Luke's place. I decided to call the only other person I could think of.
---
Ashton picked me up and he drove me to the bar so I could pick up my car.

"Who was that dude you were with?" he said as he began driving.

"It's not what it looked like."

"I didn't imply anything."

We both stayed silent just listening to whatever pop song was on the radio until I spoke up.

"It's complicated," I finally spat.

"You don't have to explain it to me."

"I love Michael."

"I know."

"But there's also someone else I love."

As we pulled into the parking lot of the bar he turned at looked at me.

"Answer this, if they were both on there knees in front of you asking you to spend the rest of your life with them who would you say yes to?"

I thought about his question for a minute. There's so many things I love about Michael. His constant need to change his hair color, his goofiness, and his sweetness. But there's also so much I love about Luke. His eyes, his sarcasm, and his ability to make me feel like I was the most beautiful girl in the world.

"I don't know."

"Well, think about it. You shouldn't toy those dudes around like that especially if you say you love them."

Ashton was right. I needed to pick one of them.

"You're right."

"When am I not?" he said and playfully pushed his shoulder. It felt good to have a guy who was just my friend.

"I'll see you at work tomorrow," I said getting out of his car. He waved and drove off.

When I hopped in my car I got a call from Michael.

"Hey what's up?"

"Hey where are you?" he said hurriedly.

"Um, leaving a bar, what about you?"

"Are you on your way home?"

"Yeah why?"

"Just making sure, love you, goodbye!"

After he said that he hung up quickly. I wondered what was up with him. I started my drive towards home.

I thought about Sara. I missed her so much. I missed calling her everyday. I missed her dropping in at my job. I missed our shopping sprees. I just missed talking to her. Just as I was getting more lost in my thoughts I looked over at my phone to see it was buzzing. I looked at the name calling me. It was Sara.

"Hi Elena."
///
wow what do you think Sara has to say to Elena??? and who do you ship more Melena ((Michael & Elena)) or Eluke ((Luke & Elena))?? leave a comment below! thanks for reading!!