Chapter 30

ELENAS POV

"Elena, I think Luke is in love with you," Michael said as we sat down on our couch.

I froze at his words. How did he know?

"Um, why would you say that?"

"I mean I see the way he is around you. Every time he looks at you he wants to rip your clothes off and every time he looks at me he wants to rip my head off."

"Uh, that's not tr-true."

"Then why are you stuttering?"

"I'm not stuttering!" I said standing up from the couch and walking off.

"Why are you walking away," he said following after me.

"Because you're making false accusations about everything!" I said turning around to face him.

"Or maybe because I'm right!"

We both stayed silent. Michael had never yelled at me like this before.

"I'm sorry-"

"No, Michael save it."

I went to our bedroom and closed and locked the door. I slid down the door as I thought about the argument Michael and I had just had.

Michael and I had never fought. Play fighting yes, but never a serious fight. Why did our first fight have to be over Luke? Why did every thing have to lead back to Luke?

It was almost like everytime my life was going well all he had to do was walk into it and suddenly everything changes.

I couldn't handle this. I'm getting married in a week and all I can think about is the man I'm not marrying. I have to put a stop to this.

I heard Michael knock on the door and I quickly got up to open it.

"Mikey," I said as he stared at me.

"I'm sorry El-"

"No don't apologize. And don't worry about Luke, I'll handle him."

---
"You're taking Luke out of the wedding?" Sarah said as we sat at then grill having lunch. We planned on meeting up so I thought now would be a good time to tell her that Luke was no longer going to be a groomsman.

"It's my only choice."

"Elena, you can't do that! We have a week till this wedding and we need a groomsman!"

"I'm sorry!"

"Why are you taking him out of the wedding anyways?" she said as she picked around at her fries.

"It's a long story."

"And I have all the time in the world, but you don't so spill it."

I sigh as I begin telling her about what happened at the bar, the falling out with Kate, and the argument with Michael. I decided to leave out the kiss with Luke at least for now.

"Wow, you and Michael have never fought before."

"I know that's why Luke can't be in the wedding. There's too much tension."

"I hate to be the one to say I told you so but-"

"Then please don't."

"I told you so," she said in a sing song voice and I laughed even though I was annoyed.

"Okay Mariah Carey," I said as her chuckling came to a halt, "What are we gonna do about the new groomsman."

"I think I may have someone who can stand in."

"Great," I said sighing with relief, "I just have one more favor."

"Shoot."

"Can you let Luke know he's cut out of the wedding and he's not invited."

"Elena I can't do that."

"Why not," I said giving my best puppy dog face.

"That's not gonna work this time El," she said leaning over the table to playfully pay my head, "This is your decision and you need to handle it. You need to face Luke and tell him firmly he's not a groomsman anymore and he's not allowed to come to the wedding."

---
I ran my hands through Luke's hair as he lowered me down onto the couch. This was not supposed to happen.

I knocked on Luke's door and was surprised when he opened the door on the first knock. Shirtless.

"Uh Luke, I need to uh, talk to you," I said not really paying attention to his face. I hadn't seen Luke like this in a long time not to mention I hadn't hooked up with Michael in a while.

"It seems like you're talking to my body more than you're talking to me," I could feel his smirk but I didn't care. I attacked his lips and he was quick to oblige. He pulled me in his apartment, closed the door, and grabbed me by my waist.

Soon we ended up on his couch just making out. When he began to tug at my dress that's when I realized why I really came here.

"Luke stop."

He quit his movements the minute I said that. 

"What's wrong?"

"This isn't what I came here for," I said pushing him off of me.

"You could've fooled me," he said sarcastically but I wasn't in a joking mood.

"I'm not joking right now Luke," I said in a serious tone so he would stop playing around.

"What's up?"

"This isn't easy to say."

"Just say it, I'm a big boy I can take it," he said with a smirk.

"You're not a groomsman anymore and you're not invited to the wedding," I quickly blurted out.

"What?"

"I'm sorry you just can't be in the wedding," I said hurriedly getting up and walking to his door.

"And why is that?" he asked blocking me from leaving. He stood in front of the door and I could tell he wasn't moving until I told him.

"It's like you said the first time, it doesn't look too good to have the guy you hooked up with in your wedding," I said trying to push him away from the door he grabbed my wrist.

"What changed your mind? Michael?"

"No Luke I changed my mind! Because I," I paused not sure how I wanted to word what I was about to say.

"Because what?" Luke said impatiently.

"You're in love with me. And Michael sees it."

"Does he also see that you're in love with me?"

"What," I asked confused even though I heard what he said.

"You heard me Elena, you're in love with me."

I blushed at his words but I was furious.

"Get out of the way," I said in a serious tone.

"You can't even deny it."

"I'm not in love with you, Luke."

"Prove it."

He moved away from the door and mad room for me to walk out. I didn't know what this was going to prove but just as I was about to turn the knob he grabbed my hand.

"If you're not in love with me I want you to walk out that door and never come back. I won't come to your wedding and I'll never bother you about loving me again."

"Okay," I said slowly.

"One more thing," he said letting go of my hand, "If you walk out that door I can't see you ever again."

///
hey guys I just started school Monday so in gonna start updating weekly but I don't rly have a set day if yall have an idea of what day I should update ((besides Monday's)) then give me a suggestion! Hope you enjoyed this chapter thanks for reading!!