Chapter 17

ELENAS POV

On Monday after my shift was over I heard the door open and looked up to see Michael. I had been talking to him a lot now and it made me pretty happy to see him. Gosh I sounded like a teenage girl who just got her crush's attention.

"Hey Lena," Michael said as he came up to the counter where I was working.

"Hey Mikey," I replied and gave him a peck on the lips.

"Uck, not around the food," I heard Ashton say from the kitchen.

"Oh, you're just jealous you don't have a cute boy taking you out on a date tonight."

"Seeing as though I'm straight and Michael's not my type I don't think I'm that jealous," Ashton said with a laugh.

"Well I gotta go, so can you close up?"

"Of course, see you two love birds later," Ashton said as he finished fixing up a customers meal.

"So what are we doing today, my lady?" Michael said as he opened the car door for me.

"Well my man, we're going on a double date."

Michael looked over at me as he started driving.

"Sorry, my friends going through a tough time and she wanted to go on a date but she doesn't wanna do it alone."

"It's fine, the more the merrier," he said with a soft smile.

After we got to my place I decided what I was gonna wear tonight. I put on some leggings, a plaid t-shirt that was rolled up at the sleeves, and some converse.

"So what are we doing on this double date," Michael said as I began to put some jewelry on.

"We are going mini golfing."

"Seriously? I'm a mini golf champ."

"Have you ever played mini golf?"

"Never in my life."

---
When we pulled up to the golf place, The Golden Ball, we got out of the car to see Sara and Luke already waiting for us.

"Hey Elena," Sara said as she hugged me, "And nice to meet you Michael."

"Nice to meet you too, Sara,"

I stood there awkwardly waiting for the boys to exchange.

"Hey," Michael said cheerily.

"Hi," Luke said with a monotone voice.

"Well let's get golfing!" Sara said excitedly obliviously feeling the awkward tension.

By the 8th inning Sara was winning, I was in second, Michael was in third, and Luke was in last.

I was surprised I was in second because the whole time I had been goofing off with Michael.

Instead of traditionally the guy helping the girl with her golf club I was right behind Michael showing him how to swing. It was quite hilarious actually in my opinion but it wasn't too funny to Luke.

I could feel him glaring at us every time Michael and I interacted. Luke surprisingly didn't do as good as I would expect him to. From spending time with him I knew that he was a total sports fanatic and he could do anything that involved body movement and a ball.

"Babe I can't believe I'm beating you," Sara said to Luke as she scored another whole in one.

He didn't seem to phased by her words as he took another lazy swing.

By the end of the game Sara came in 1st, Michael came in 2nd, I came in 3rd and Luke came in 4th.

"You only came in 2nd because I helped you!" I said as I looked at the score on our sheet.

"Oh please, I could've won without your little arm techniques."

"Oh really now? Well next time it's me versus you baby, and you're gonna lose!"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah!"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah!"

"Oh-"

"If you two are done, Sara was wondering if you wanted to go out for some ice cream it's just down the road," Luke said in a cold tone.

"Sure, I never pass up ice cream," Michael said as he put his arm around my waist and Luke eyed his arm.

If looks could kill Michael wouldn't have an arm anymore.
---
We all went down the road to get some ice cream. We sat outside on the benches and it was pretty cold.

"Are you cold," Michael asked as he rubbed his hands together. Before I could even answer he took of his jacket and put it around me.

"Thanks Mikey," I said and leaned into his shoulder.

"Are you cold?" Luke asked Sara.

"No, I'm fine. I knew it was going to be cold today so I brought a-"

"Nevermind."

You could cut the tension with a knife. After Michael and I got done with our ice cream I told Sara we were ready to go home.

"I have to use the bathroom."

"Okay I need to heat the car up anyways."

"I'll be right back."

As I was about to walk into the little stall I was pulled away by someone. I turned to see Luke. I didn't know what to say.

"You haven't said a word to me all day."

And I wasn't about to. I stayed silent as he looked at me.

"How can you do that? Just act like what we had wasn't anything. I love yo-"

"Stop Luke!"

"But-"

"I thought this date was going to help you. I'm trying to show you that I don't need you and you don't need me. You need Sara. "

"But I don't want Sara."

"I don't care Luke. She's my best friend and-"

Before I could say anything I was cut off by his lips. I knew I was wrong for kissing back but I missed this so much. I missed feeling his lips on mine. I didn't ever want to miss that feeling again.

"Elena and Luke?"
///
Wow who is it that just saw Elena & Luke???? find out in the next chapter! thanks for reading!