Chapter 9

ELENAS POV
A few days later

Today is the day I've dreaded for a while. It is the day Sara leaves for California.

I knew that sooner or later she was going to leave but I tried to forget about it and pretend it wasn't happening. Now it's pretty hard to do since we're driving her to the airport.

She said her goodbyes to her family and then got in the car with Luke and I so we could take her to the airport.

I couldn't help but feel like a third wheel as Sara and Luke were talking.

"I'm gonna miss you so much," Sara said for the millionth time.

"Well, I'm gonna miss you more."

"Not possible."

"Yes possible."

"Not-"

"So Sara, what are you going to be doing in California?" I said interrupting their little love fest.

"Well, I'm going to be handling the Beauty Bazaar company and instead interning I'm going to have my own intern," she said with a smile.

"That sounds really great," I said with a smile.

I was sincerely happy for Sara. She had always wanted to do something in the fashion industry since I had known her. I was so glad that she was living out her dreams. Part of me of envious that she had met her goals because I didn't really know what I wanted to do. I used to want to be a dancer but my dance teacher said my feet weren't good enough. I then decided I wanted to be a journalist but my english teacher said my writing wasn't up to par. I tried everything I could and no matter what I was never good enough.

We pulled into the airport to drop Sara off. Luke gave her a hug and then I was next.

"I'm gonna miss you so much," I said as tears came down my eyes.

"El, please don't cry. If you cry I'll cry," she said with a sniffle.

"I'll call you every day."

"And I'll pick up every day."

We hugged one more time and told each other we loved each other.

I was really gonna miss Sara.

I got in the front seat with Luke and we both sat in silence.

"I'm really going to miss Sara," I said as I wiped away the dry tears on my face.

"Me too," he said as he focused on the road, "Don't worry these 3 months will pass and she'll be back before you know it," he said and gave me a reassuring smile.

---
The next day I was really bored. I realized I could've called Sara but I didn't just want to talk. I was in the mood to see someone physically.

I decided to call Luke. He picked up on the first ring.

"Hey El, what's up?"

"I was wondering if you wanna hang out today?"

"Sure, what do you want to do?"

"I don't know, surprise me," I said with a smirk and hung up.

I took a shower and I put on some light makeup. I decided to wear some
shorts and a halter top.

As I was putting on a bracelet I heard someone open the door.

"Hey Luke."

"Hey, how does bowling sound?"

"It sounds great," I said with a smile.