Chapter 29

ELENAS POV

Previously
I winced as Edward gripped tighter on my wrists.

"Stop it, you're hurting me!"

"Stop yelling or I'll make it worse," he whispered in my face.

Just as I was about to scream I felt someone pull Edward off of me.

"Get away from her!" Luke said as he pulled Edward off of me. I walked backwards and surprisingly ran into Kate who wrapped her arms around me in a comforting way.

Luke swung at Edward and he fell to the ground. Luke was about to hit him once more until he put his hands up surrendering.

"You can have her, that girl's not worth fighting for," Edward said as he got up and began to walk off.

I sunk at his words. I was glad they weren't going to fight but it hurt me to here him say "that girl" as if we weren't just having a conversation in the bar.

Luke walked up to him and put his hand on Edward's shoulder.

"Elena is worth fighting for, but you don't deserve to win her and you definitely don't know her well enough if you don't want to fight for her."

Edward turned around to him and snickered.

"Why don't you just go back to your whores?" he asked pointing at Kate and I.

After he said that Luke punched him square in the jaw and he was down on the ground.

"Luke," I said leaving Kate's embrace and running over to him.

"Are you okay?" he said grabbing both of my shoulders.

I wasn't okay. But the minute Luke put his hands on my shoulders and looked me in the eyes with concern and passion I knew I was going to be okay so I just hugged him.

"I'm going to invest in getting you creep-repellent okay," he joked and I chucked.

"Thank you," I said as we continued to embrace each other.

I heard someone cough behind us and turned to see Kate still standing where I left her.

"We should probably leave before that guy gets up," she said with one hand on her hip.

"Yeah, Elena do you need a ride home?"

"Uh-"

"Luke I thought we were going to have a drink," Kate interrupted flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder.

"We can get a drink another time."

After Luke said that I swear I saw her roll her eyes.

The three of us got in Luke's car as he started driving to Michael and I's apartment.

"How did this happen?" Luke asked me as I laid down in the backseat. I had a very horrible headache and honestly didn't feel like being bombarded with questions but Luke had saved me so he deserved answers.

"I was going for a walk and I decided to get a drink because I was feeling stressed."

"Why were you feeling stressed?" Kate said annoyingly from the front seat.

I could feel her attitude the minute I had stepped in the car. She was probably upset I cut her and Luke's date short.

"Just wedding stuff," I lied, "Anyways I sat down and this guy, the one Luke knocked out, introduced himself as Edward and we started talking and he offered to buy me a drink and I let him and I started to get sleepy and I didn't realize he had slipped something in my drinks so-"

"Wait this dick slipped something in your drink?" Luke said angrily from the driver seat.

"Yes but I didn't realize it until I stumbled out of the bar and he was behind me helping me get out. The next thing I know he's shaking me and telling me he 'didn't put drugs in my drink just for me to fall asleep'"

"Elena I'm so sorry, I didn't get there earlier."

"It's fine Luke, I'm just glad you got there when you got there."

"Me too," Kate said sarcastically.

"Okay what is your problem?" I finally said. I didn't mean to say it so rudely but the way Kate's acting is really getting on my nerves.

"What are you talking about?"

"You've seemed to have any attitude since we've gotten in the car."

"Well maybe I wouldn't have one if I was still on my date."

"Oh I'm sorry that me being sexually assaulted is less important than your stupid date."

"It's always about you isn't it."

"Save me the pity party I-"

"Guys!" Luke yelled interrupting our argument as he turned into my apartment parking lot.

We all sat in an awkward silence.

"I think I should go," I said getting out of the car without saying a goodbye to either one of them.

As I walked up to my apartment and rang the door bell I felt someone's presence behind me.

"I'm sorry about Kate," Luke said from behind me.

I turned around facing him not realizing how close we were.

"That's nice of you but I rather hear it from her mouth than yours."

"I'm also sorry about that jerk at the bar."

"That's not your fault Luke, you don't have to apologize."

"And I'm also sorry about this."

"What?"

He leaned down and kissed me on the lips quickly. None of our kisses had ever been so fast. I almost wanted to pull him down and kiss him slowly. But I couldn't because I heard the door opening behind me.

A bed headed Michael was standing at the door.

"Mikey," I said quickly turning away from Luke.

"Hey babe," he said kissing me on the cheek, "Hey Luke," he said questioningly.

"Michael," Luke said blankly.

"I was walking and I went to the bar and lost track of time. I needed a ride home and Luke just happened to be there," I lied.

"I thought Luke and Kate were on a date today."

"They were, she's in his car."

"Oh, well tell her I said hey," he said to Luke.

"Sure," Luke said paying more attention to me rather than Michael.

"Well, I am tired so I'll see you later Luke, bye," I said quickly and closed the door in his face to put a cease to all the awkwardness.

"So how was your day?"

"Does your friend Luke like me?" he asked ignoring my question.

"Of course he does, why wouldn't he?" Besides the fact that he loved me and didn't want me to get married to Michael I'm sure he knew he was a great guy.

"I don't know. I always get a standoffish vibe from him when he's around."

"Luke loves me, so-"

"I think that's what the problem is?"

"What," I question with a confused expression.

"Elena, I think Luke is in love with you."

///
Guys I am so so so ((a million times so)) sorry for not updating! it's been so busy lately I went to a 5sos concert about a week ago and it was amazing!! summers sadly coming to an end :-( so I had to catch up with some friends and also do some school shopping! school starts back next week for me sadly :/ but I'm going to continue to update and I'm going to ((try)) to update once a week! hope you enjoyed this chapter thanks for reading!!