Chapter 21

ELENAS POV

"What have we done Luke," I said as I stepped inside his apartment.

"I feel so horrible. Sara didn't deserve to find out like this."

"Sara didn't deserve any of this at all!" I screamed at him.

"We can't help that this happened between us!"

"Yes we could've!"

"Don't try to fight this and act like we're not meant for each other!"

As we yelled at each other I felt my back pocket buzzing and I pulled my phone out. I had a call from Michael.

"Hey Lena, what are we doing tonight."

"I'm gonna have to cancel Mikey."

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah just family problems," I said making up a lie, "We can hang out tomorrow, whatever you wanna do."

"Okay see you tomorrow babe."

"Bye, Mikey."

I hung up and I looked up to see Luke staring at me in a funny way.

"What?" I say in an annoyed tone.

"Mikey?" he replied with a chuckle.

I rolled my eyes and went straight for the door. He grabbed my arm before I could get out.

"Elena I-"

"Don't Luke." I said and turned away as I walked out the door.

---
I decided to go to Sara's parent house. They might know where she is. When I knocked on the door I was greeted by Sara's mom.

"Hello Elena," she said pulling me in for a hug.

"Hey Holly, I was wondering if you know where Sara was."

"Uh- I don't know," she said with a slight stutter.

"I know she probably told you she didn't want to talk to me or see me for that matter, but tell her that when she's ready to be an adult, come talk to me."

I was about to walk down the steps when Holly stopped me.

"She told me not to tell you where she is but I can't stand you two being separate. She's staying at our lake house that y'all used to go to together. Please talk to her and work out whatever is going on."

"Thank you so much Holly," I said as I hugged her.

---
I pulled up to the old lake house Sara and I used to go to when we were in high school.

Flashback:
I remember at the end of junior year she threw a big get together. Of course I didn't want to go because I wasn't much of a people person but Sara was well known around the school and also the life of the party. I stayed to my own the most of the time because Sara was mostly dancing with some guy and chatting with everyone.

I walked into the kitchen to get a water but the only thing to drink was beer or every other alcoholic drink. I started to search in the fridge for something to drink when I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I turned around to see the cutest and most popular guy in our school, Nate Blanchard looking at me, I couldn't help but blush.

"Hey, I'm Nate," he said with a smile.

"I know we go to the same school."

"Oh I'm sorry," he said with a chuckle.

"It's fine, I'm Elena," I said awkwardly reaching my hand out for him to shake it. Instead he grabbed it and kissed my hand. I'm sure my face was the same color as a tomato at this point.

"So, what were you looking for in there," he said pointing at the refrigerator.

"Just some water. I don't want any of that alcoholic stuff," I said probably sounding like a prude.

"I have some Hawaiian punch, it's not water but it's not alcohol either," he said offering it to me.

"Thanks," I said and took a sip from it. It tasted weird but not like alcohol I guess, I never really drank before so I wouldn't know.

As the night went on Nate and I talked more. He seemed like a really nice guy but I didn't understand why he was talking to me. The more we talked the more tired I got.

"Hey, let's go upstairs so I can hear you better."

I looked over at Sara who was in a conversation with some guy.

"I don't know if we should. This is my best friends house."

"If you two are friends I'm sure it'll be fine."

I looked back at Sara as we walked up the stairs but she seemed so engaged in the boy talking to her that she didn't notice me.

When we got up the stairs I lead him to my room. I stayed here so much that I had my own bedroom. We sat down on my bed and Nate looked at me.

"You're so pretty Elena," he said with his hand on my thigh. Even though my eyes were getting droopy I could still see him move his hand up further.

As much as I appreciated his compliment I felt a little uncomfortable with him touching me.

"Thanks," I said scooting an inch away from him.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Does it bother you when I do this," he said placing his hand on my thigh farther than it was earlier.

"Yeah a little," I said moving his hand.

"I'm not gonna hurt you."

After he said that we both turned and looked at each other. He grabbed my face and kissed me. It was my first ever kiss. I didn't know what to do but he seemed to be leading this so I didn't have to control anything anyways.

He laid me back on the bed and towered over me careful to not to lay on me. We continued to make out for a few minutes. When I felt him begin to lift up my dress I held his hands.

"Don't worry Elena."

"Please I don't wanna do this."

"It'll be over before you know it."

"Help!" I screamed. I couldn't push him off because my body felt so weak and sleepy. He must've slipped something in that drink.

I continued to scream until he put his hand over my mouth. I still yelled even though it was no point. No one could hear me over his muffled hand. Or so I thought.

"Elena!" I heard Sara scream from the hallway.

"Hey, get off of her!" a guy named Ethan said as he pulled Nate off of me. I got off the bed and rushed over to Sara.

As Ethan and Nate argued, Sara lead me down stairs and out of the house. Tears poured down my face as I thought of what could've happened.

"I'm so sorry Elena, I'm gonna drive you home, everything will be alright."

End Of Flashback

Sara had always been such a good friend to me and this is what I do to repay her.

I walked up to the door of the lake house. I knocked on the door once and was surprised that Sara opened it.

I took a deep breath. I didn't know what I was going to say I just knew I needed to say something to her.

"Hey Sara."
///
what's gonna happen next with Elena& Sara?? find out in the next chap!! thanks 4 reading!!