𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑁𝑒𝑤𝑠

ᖇOᔕᗴ
♡︎

"𝗛𝗔𝗩𝗘 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗗 the news?"

"The news?"

"The news."

"What news?"

"The news about about Mr.Pone and Ms.Hoffman."

"No, what about them?"

"They were seen at the Luna hotel."

"What?"

"Do you think...

"No. No!"

I stepped out of the elevator and pranced my way down the hall and to Mr.Pone's office. Oh I've heard the news alright. The news about Mr.Pone and I being spotted at the Luna Moon hotel, a five star hotel, to have dinner with Mr.Struve, and talk about a business deal.

It's quite ridiculous if you ask me. I'm just his assistant. And a very good one at that. I don't slack around the office talking about the other girls and how some of them having sex with Tim in the file room.

But this assumption is absolutely ridiculous and to be honest, maybe there should be some changes made around here. I opened the doors to Mr.Pone's office and went up to his desk. He had a file in his hand, probably going over numbers.

His taper haircut is neat and so is his short stubble. As always this spacious office is dark and smells of rain.

"Have you heard the news?" I ask. His bright blue eyes looked up at me in confusion.

"The news?" He asks.

"The news."

"What news?"

"The news about you and I being spotted at the Luna Moon hotel to meet up with Mr.Struve. Word in town you're cheating on the Mayor's daughter with the office rookie." I explain. "Well it's more so word in the office."

I set a few files down and took a seat on the chair opposite his desk. My desk out front but I'm not sure I want to mix myself up along with the female demons out there.

"And so what? It was a business deal and that was the only time Mr.Struve was available." He casually stated.

"Yeah well the assumptions aren't really boiling into the cup of tea I like."

"Hm. I've never seen you drink tea." He's not taking this seriously.

"Mr.Pone, this is actually very serious. This isn't like any other meeting we've attended together."

"You mean like the one in Dubai?" He says looking at me with a small smirk on his lips. I hate when does that. If only he knew I have an actual crush on him. When I first came here for my interview a year ago I was infatuated with him.

Then on my very first day here I found out the rich and famous Axel Pone was married to the stunningly hot Rachel Yawkings, now Rachel Pone, the Mayor's daughter.

"This is serious."

He exhales, giving me his full attention. "It's not that serious. People believe what they see. Even if it was only business. I'm too old to care about words that don't pay me. And you shouldn't either because I pay you." He's right.

The only person that has ever given me a check was Axel Pone.

"Hm. You know what, those were amazing words of encouragement." He smirked again and I smiled. I got up from my seat and adjusted my dress. "Well, those are the files on Katchin. I think that their company will be perfect for your image. It's a black owned business that sells Caribbean food. I was thinking a sponsor and a bit of recognition would really help boost community points and also help Katchin."

A week ago he came to me and asked me to help him gaining more community points. I know he wants everyone in town to love him more than they already do. He wants to be a business hero. Well that's how I see it.

"Oh it's a restaurant."

"Yup. It's a restaurant that has a nineties theme and sells Caribbean cuisines only." I explain once more.

"Three stars? Why three stars?"

"Because only black people are welcomed." I muttered.

"How diverse."

"Haha, very funny."

He grins. "Have you eaten here before?"

"Once. The food is amazing and the service is astounding. I only found out that much about the business when I started looking into it. When they first opened they were at the pique of everything. Even Obama ate there, giving his five stars. But, when white people realized that they couldn't eat there they started leaving all the negative reviews."

"Fair?"

"I mean...if the restaurant is only for black folks then what's the problem? If that's what the owner wants then it's what he wants. Why try take that away from them?"

"I agree, but if that's what the owner wants then why bring it to my attention?"

"Well...they're losing money. There are a few articles defending and bashing Katchin in the third file." He set the top file aside and shoved the other one to the side.

He got silent as he read some of the reviews. His brows raised upon reading and a smirk here and there. "Oof, seems like a lot of black people have a problem with Mr.Kamau as well. "𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐊𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧, 𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐛 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐬."

He reads. "Interesting. But...how am I suppose to help these people?"

"With care. So far they've only been getting negative reviews from white people and like I said they're losing money so maybe if you show respect to their rules and sponsor them then maybe more people would realize that it's all about respect to the restaurant and the owner and who knows, maybe you'll get a table."

"So that's what it means to be all for the community huh?"

"Yeah, and it may own you points with any other black owned company out there."

Then his eyes lit up. "Like Tech Million."

"Like Tech Million."

Tech Million, a company owned by African-American, Nathan Springs. Axel has been trying to get Tech Million apart of his conglomerate for years now due to what I've heard.

"Rose, you are absolutely amazing." He stood to his feet and gathered the files, making his way around the table. I smile knowingly.

"Where would you be without me?"

Then something unexpected happened, when he made his way around the desk, he gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Without ideas. I'll be back."

Did that just happen?

♡︎

𝐈𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐥𝐲

𝐁𝐮𝐭...𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐭?!!