𝐹𝑎𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑦 𝐷𝑖𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑟

ᗩ᙭ᗴᒪ
♡︎

𝗜 𝗞𝗜𝗦𝗦𝗘𝗗 𝗛𝗘𝗥. Why would I kiss her? It wasn't right to do so despite me being drunk, but it felt...amazing. Her ass was soft in my hands, her lips were also soft and sweet. Her tongue was warm. And fuck she smelled so good I wanted to make her sweat it off onto me as I make love to her.

She let me touch her. To have me pull her in like that until pushing me away at the last moment. When she did that I felt defeated, cold, lonely and a bit guilty. I shouldn't be thinking about her.

And to be honest, I try not to think about her. When I first met her I was infatuated by her. The way she spoke, her smile, her wit. I knew I was married but every day, seeing her every day was enough to fuel the desire I had for a stranger.

But as days went by in the office, I started to warm up to her. Bringing her to meetings even if she didn't need to be present. I would by her a few things and used her work as a shield to hide my true intentions.

To me, the idea I had in my head was to forget about my burning marriage and just focus on something that I knew kept me calm. And it was Rose.

I pretend every day that quote, "nothing matters" or how she, "shouldn't worry" about the news about us. In a sense, I think I was getting worried myself. But Rose is fun.

She knows how to have fun, she's laid back and she doesn't kiss my ass like everyone else that works for me. She's not afraid of getting fired.

Maybe I should fire her. If she stays I know there will be tension. No, I can't, it's too early. The dinner is tomorrow and I need her to finish propel me toward Tech Million.

"Axel?" Rachel calls. I focused my gaze on her through the mirror and she's dressed. Right, I completely forgot that today we're meeting with her parents. I have a feeling her father wants to talk about the news.

It's been three days though and nobody talks about it anymore. I knew he was going to put a stop to it one way or another. It wasn't a serious situation to begin with.

"Can you hurry up? We're going to be late."

I fixed my collar over my tie and spun around to get my suit jacket. I'm already ready. "Now when we get to my parent's house there will be absolutely no arguments, no long faces, no indication that we fight almost everyday and if the topic about children is mentioned just say that we're trying."

"You say that all the time." I mutter.

"I don't want kids Axel and you know that. It's going to tarnish my reputation."

I sigh heavily. "Rachel, you're age is going to be the one to tarnish your reputation before having a kid does. Sure you still get sponsors but you need to think of retirement."

She scoffs. "I am only in my thirties Axel. I still look as young as I was. I'll retire whenever you become Mayor."

"Which will never happen."

"Axel, for a man you are acting like a total bitch right now and we don't have time for that. You will inherit my father's position and take on his responsibilities. It's time you grow up. That conglomerate of yours is nothing but a waste of time. And if he mentions it you better agree because whenever there is time for an election your face needs to be on every billboard and town store out there."

"Say whatever makes you feel better sweetheart. Now let's get this over with, your mother already doesn't like me for whatever reason."

She stepped in front of me and scowled. "Axel, I am trying here. Do you not care about us anymore?" And the tears began. "The look in your eyes are gone now. Why can't you see that I just want us to be happy again?"

Now I feel bad. "I want that Rachel, I really do, but the things you say make me want to hang myself on a daily basis." I touch her face and wiped her tears. We were never like this. "We'll figure it out." I gave her a kiss on her lips and she smiled.

"Thanks honey."

"We'll be fine. Let's go."

♡︎

"Axel?!" Rachel whisper shouts, kicking my leg. I looked at her, arching a brow. She motioned and I followed her eyes. Ah shit. I forgot we were at her parent's house. Today was long. Her father and I mainly spoke but nothing was mentioned about the news or the position of Mayor.

Most of the topics that were chosen were mainly about politics which I cared less about. It was just rambling from an old man. Her father is nice but goodness.

"I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that."

Her father set his forks down and sent me a flat smile. I know I'm going to be put in a tight spot.

"I said I saw the papers three days ago. I had them taken off the media and kept them out of the paper. I don't need no more of that bad look on the future Mayor." He expresses.

"People can be ridiculous dad. Axel would never cheat on me." Rachel says touching my knee. I forced a smile. It was easy to listen to those words before I kissed Rose, but hearing it now after it happened is like hearing my conviction.

"It's just meetings. I'm not sure who would want to send it out. But I'm grateful that you took care of the matter."

He chuckled. "Anything for my good son in law."

Oh don't say good.

Her mother on the other hand was dismissive. "And why is it that you don't take Rachel on these business meetings of yours instead of that woman worker of yours?" She asks. Her silver eyes sliced through my soul, making me vulnerable where I sit.

Mr.Yawkings cleared his throat and nodded. "Yes. Why don't you include Rach to your meetings? She is your wife and wives are supposed to be where we go always."

"Well I do need Rose to be present when I'm in my meetings. She's good at upselling."

"I see." Mr.Yawkings hums. Her mother glared at me and I flashed her a smile. Her mother never liked me at first but now I'm not sure what happened. It was like a switch was set off in her. And ever since she always had a dislike towards me.

"Why is it that the two of you haven't started making kids as yet? The both of you are nearly in your fifties and there's not a single child with Yawkings blood running around."

I want kids, Rachel, not so much. She's made it clear to me a million times. She's yet to tell her parents that she's not planning to have any kids though. I even mentioned adoption and she recoiled.

"Oh trust me, mom, I've been trying to get Axel to give me a few babies or so but he's always on about how much he thinks he'll be a bad father."

Another thing I hate about Rachel, she lies as much as a sailor likes to cuss.

"And?"

"We're working on it. You know how hard it is on him mom." She adds.

"Please excuse me." I set my utensils down and stood up.

"Sweetheart?" She asks, touching my hand. I pulled away, leaving the dining room. "Axel?" I hear her call out to me. I left through the front door, stepping out to the huge front yard that hold a water fountain.

"Axel!? Axel, sweetheart what's wrong with you?" That sounded passive aggressive. She stopped in front of me and set her hands on my shoulders.

"Why the hell do you storm out like that?" She grits out.

"Because you're making me angry."

"What?"

"Why are you pinning things on me? You know you don't want kids."

"Stop being over dramatic Axel. It's not like they need to know our business all the time. And quite frank, them seeing that paper was bad enough."

"Rachel for fuck sake, can you please, for one night not make me frustrated and angry? Please?"

"Tch, fine."

"Thank you."

"I feel like I'm the only one trying to keep this marriage alive anyway." Rachel bumped my shoulder and walked past me. Just great.

♡︎