𝑇𝑤𝑜 𝑊𝑒𝑒𝑘𝑠 𝑁𝑜𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑒

ᖇOᔕᗴ
♡︎

𝗜 𝗖𝗔𝗡 𝗡𝗢𝗧 believe that actually happened last night. The way he held me and whispered into my ear. It was amazing.

"Hey."

"Oh my gosh!" I touched my chest and looked at Amanda who stepped beside me. I exhaled and shook my head.

"You have got to stop that."

She grinned. "I was calling you from the moment you got in the door. You looked elsewhere. And you look...brighter. Like in a good mood."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

We got into the elevator and she pressed her floor button. "Oh, I didn't know I did."

Amanda leaned against the elevator wall and crossed her arms with a slight smirk. "You know...for what it's worth, I think you two shouldn't do that here."

"What?"

"You and Mr.Pone." My blood ran cold. The fuck is she talking about? "I came up last night to see if you wanted to crash at ours and have a few drinks but...you seemed busy."

Oh fuck. Fuck! "Amanda-

"I won't say anything. It's none of my business to be honest. Besides I'm not one to judge. I fucked with many people that had girlfriends."

"He doesn't have...a girlfriend Amanda."

"I mean he looks miserable almost everyday. Maybe he isn't happy in his marriage."

I can't believe this. I told him we would get caught. I'm kind of grateful that Amanda was the one that saw.

"I won't tell anyone. But just be careful. And I'm still friends with you, Keith is a man whore anyways"

Hearing that made me laugh. The elevator door dinged and she stepped out. I don't why but I followed behind her. Then the whispering happened. I caught a few glances of the girls on the floor and they either snickered or looked away.

"What the hell is going on?" I whisper to Amanda.

"Girl I could care less."

I care. I feel like this is about me. Did someone else see us? I'm getting anxious now. "I'm going to my office." I turned around quickly and stopped when I heard a loud laugh before it settled into a controlled snicker.

I look to the left of me and walked up to the girl that did. She's white with long red hair. She was looking at something. I snatched it from her hand and noticed it to be a newspaper.

Who the hell still prints these things anyway? That's what the media is for. But when I red it I got agitated.

𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧. 𝐌𝐫.𝐏𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐊𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐊𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐚 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐫, 𝐬𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫, 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭?

𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐞𝐭, 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐚𝐦 𝐈 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐦, 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐟𝐞?

"We made a breakthrough you incompetent asshole!" I huffed and practically rushed my way to the elevator. I caught a few loose comments.

"Do you see how short that dress is?"

"She's trying so hard."

"I wouldn't be surprised if she sucked him off for that position."

Fuck. Everyone.

I got into the elevator and pressed the top floor button. I gazed back at the newspaper and shook my head. There's a picture here too. We're standing at the front door and his hand is wrapped onto my waist and he's whispering to me.

Who the hell is taking all these damn photos and why do they care so fucking much? What if it's his wife? Maybe she's sending someone out to like spy on us or some shit. Ugh!

The elevator dinged and I walked out with my heart pounding in just rage. I'm getting tired of this. But only this time...the rumors are now true.

I pranced my way to his office and he's pacing back and forth. "No Rachel, I don't know how many times I have to tell you that. It was a breakthrough Rach!" He shouts in frustration. "Oh my goodness Rach don't start with me right now. My morning was perfectly fine until Rage Town decided to fuck it up. I don't know why or who this person is stalking me, but it has gots to stop."

I set the paper onto his desk, making him look at me. Well at least he knows. He stopped talking and stared at me. He only looked away when she said something.

"You can't do that." He mutters. "Don't threaten what I worked hard for Rachel, you know this business means a lot to me."

He looked at me, his brows knotting. He tossed his phone onto the desk and groaned. "Fuck."

"You think that's bad? That article is actually lightweight compared to what I was met with first this morning.

"I'm not sure I want to know." He mutters. Axel rubbed his eyes and then his hair. Strange how I wanted to console him. Maybe I shouldn't tell him. What if he fires her and she says? No I can't rat her out.

"Who do you think it could be?"

He heaved a sigh. "I don't know. It only gets this much traction because Rachel is famous in the modeling industry. She should've stuck to medical science." He complains.

"So what now? Do you fire me or do I quit?"

He set his eyes on me and I could see it in his eyes he didn't want either to happen. But something has to happen. Amanda already knows. We just stared at each other, not knowing what to say.

To have it end after that.

"Rachel said tomorrow you need to be gone or else she'll have her father, aka, the mayor aka her father...run me out of business." His tone was low.

"I understand."

"It don't have to be this way, Rose."

"To bad it is right?"

He didn't answer and he didn't have to. "I'm putting in my two weeks notice."

I turned around and walked out of the room and went straight to my office. Maybe this is what happens when you do something you're not supposed to.

♡︎