𝘛𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

ᖇOᔕᗴ
♡︎

We ate in painful silence. This wasn't going at all to plan. We've been here for why felt like forever and I'm on my sixth wine glass. At least the food is good. However we need to see Mr.Kamau. If Axel wants to gain community points and score a deal with Tech Million seeing Mr.Kamau tonight needs to happen.

"Fuck." I set my glass down and sighed, shaking my head. "This is a fucking waste of time." I mutter to myself. "Like where is he? They said five times that he will meet with us but so far we've got nothing."

"Calm down."

I scoff, looking at him. "Calm down? I've had two meals already."

"You're agitated, why?"

"Because this is our only chance."

"It's not. You're just a bit too much too drink."

Wait, get a hold of yourself Rose. You're embarrassing yourself. I chuckled lowly and cleared my throat.

"I umm...have to use the restroom. Excuse me." I got up and left down the stairs in a wobbly manner. I can't believe I'm getting drunk with my boss right here. Gt it together Rose. I exhaled and bumped into someone nearly knocking us over.

"Oh my goodness I am so sorry."

"No I'm sorry."

I looked up and came face to face with the man I had been waiting to see. Kamau. His eyes traveled my attire and he grinned, his white teeth taking over. My goodness he is handsome in person. No, no, first Amanda's brother and now this? Well no not this. It won't be this. Or Axel for that matter.

"Mr.Kamau."

"And your name is?"

"Rose Hoffman."

"Ah, so you're the beautiful lady my waiter has been speaking of. I apologize for the rudeness earlier. I also heard that you and your cousin Mr.Pone has called for me?"

I sobered up as best as I could and nodded. The pee shall wait. "Yes sir. We wanted to give our personal critique on your wonderful establishment. I will leave the greeting out of my written statement when I get home." I tease.

He grinned. "Well, shall I meet with Mr.Pone?"

"Of course."

We made our way back upstairs and I mentally celebrated. Another win on my belt. When we got to the top of the stairs Axel was on the phone with his head down.

My smile dropped upon seeing it. I know it's his wife. Who else could make him look like that? We got to the table and he looked over at us. Axel hung up, a smile meeting his features. He gazed at me briefly before setting his eyes back on Kamau.

"Mr.Alex Pone. Pleasure to meet you."

Axel stood to his feet and they shook hands in greeting. "No, it's a pleasure to meet you. The food is absolutely amazing."

Mr.Kamau smiled widely. "I'll tell it to my cooks. Please, retake your seats." Axel and I looked at each other but did so anyway. Mr.Kamau grabbed a chair from the nearest table and joined us. He sit three feet away from us, crossing on leg over his knee.

"I must say that I am impressed." Kamau begins. His African accent was smooth and his aura got cold like ice. I got a bad feeling about this. "All of my life of running Katchin I had never let any white man or woman enter, yet here you are, Mr.Pone."

"Mr.Pone-

"Is married to the Mayor's daughter and fooling around with his assistant." He finishes.

Well shit, we got busted. "I am very recent with news that travels around."