Chapter 32 - Moon 18

"I call all cats of the Clan of Falling Rock to gather for a clan meeting!"

Ivyshadow glanced up from the vole she was eating. It was strange hearing voice other than Acornstar. Ivyshadow padded over to stand below the stone Marblestar stood on, settling down next to Cobaltwhisper and Redclaw.

Forestpaw joined her excitedly, nearly shoving Cobaltwhisper over. "What are we meeting for?"

"It's the full moon," Ivyshadow replied dryly, "what do you think?"

"Oooo I hope I get to go to the gathering," Forestpaw turned to look up at Marblestar, eyes wide.

"Tonight is the full moon. Because we have no kits or elders to protect, I will leave only Cobaltwhisper behind. I will be taking Topazleaf, Mistyweb, Quartzcluster, Granitefur, Redclaw, Ivyshadow and Forestpaw with me to the gathering. Today is also the last time we will have Mistyweb among us." Marblestar dipped his head in a deep bow to the she-cat, "we cannot thank you enough for your help during this difficult time."

Mistyweb returned the gesture, "It was my pleasure. Please, if you ever need my services again, don't hesitate to visit the Clan of Swaying Grass."

The other Falling Rock cats murmured their thanks, giving her nods of respect. Ivyshadow would miss the pretty, kind medicine cat.

"We will depart immediately." Marblestar leapt down from the rock.

"I get to see Goldpaw!" Forestpaw meowed, swishing his tail.

And I have to see Violetfang, Ivyshadow realized. Not being around her sister was one good thing that had come out of this.

Ivyshadow climbed down the now-familiar steps that led up to the Falling Rock camp, Forestpaw chattering excitedly at her heels.

"Are you excited to see your clanmates?" Mistyweb asked, padding up to Ivyshadow's other side.

Ivyshadow nodded, "yes! And you?"

"To be honest, the break from Dreakwalker was nice," Mistyweb meowed, amusement in her eyes, "I didn't miss his cryptic prophecies."

"I always wondered about that - do they not come true?"

Mistyweb sighed, "sometimes. Like once he dreamed that blood was coming, and then I got a splinter a few days later," she rolled her eyes, "lately they've all been about a creepy cat."

"Creepy cat? What does she look like?"

"Well, he never described her in any certain way, other than having purple ey-" Mistyweb frowned. "How did you know the cat was a she?"

"Just a guess," Ivyshadow meowed grimly, "what does she do in the dreams?"

Mistyweb shrugged, "I don't really listen, to be honest. Last time he told me she was shredding stones with her bare claws or something - sorry, I can't remember."

Ivyshadpw frowned. Shredding stones? Could that have to do with Falling Rock? Ivyshadow blinked, a memory coming back to her. The day Violetfang had murdered her mother, she'd been speaking to a Falling Rock cat. Ivyshadow tried to remember who it could be. She closed her eyes, her paws automatically continuing to walk. She remembered Violetfang’s claws, her violet eyes - and the mottled fur of the tom she'd been talking to. Ivyshadow's eyes snapped open. "I have to speak to Marblestar."

Mistyweb blinked. "Sure, go ahead."

Ivyshadow left Forestpaw and Mistyweb, bounding up to join Marblestar and Topazleaf. "Marblestar, may I speak to you in private?"

Marbelstar turned to her, surprised. "We're almost at the meetingplace."

"I'll be quick," Ivyshadpw meowed, feeling a strange sense of urgency.