Bonus

I woke up by the sound of a sobbing Leander, who's currently sleeping tightly beside me.

I grabbed my phone on top of my bedside table to check the time and it's only forty-six minutes past two in the morning.

I turned on the lamp near us at muling tinuonan ng pansin si Leander. The AC's on, but he's sweating like crazy.

Agad kong pinakiramdaman ang kaniyang noo at leeg at ikinompara ito sa akin. He doesn't seem to have any signs of fever. But he's shaking, sweating, and crying?

"Leander." I tried calling him softly. Marahan ko rin siyang tinapik sa kaniyang pisngi, sinusubukang gisingin ito nang dahan-dahan. He must be having a bad dream. A very bad one.

"Leander, hey." Muli kong tawag sa kaniya. This time, my voice was a bit louder and I tried shaking him gently, but it was still to no avail.

His sobs only grew louder by the second and it's making me panic. Kaya hindi ko na napigilan ang sarili ko at napasigaw na lamang sa kaniyang ngalan.

"Leander!" I blurted. His eyes immediately shot open at tila ay hinihingal pa ito. Agad siyang napaupo at binanggit ang pangalan ko habang nakatingin sa kaniyang mga palad.

"Schwyler." He murmured to himself. I stare at him with confusion and worry written all over my face. And as if he got enlightened by something in his thoughts, he was quick to shift his gaze on my side and his eyes widen in shock.

Mabilis niya akong hinila at niyakap nang mahigpit. His breathing was heavy on my nape, and I can still feel his faint shaking while hugging me.

Naguguluhan man, ay minabuti ko na lamang na yakapin ito pabalik. I slowly wrapped my arms around his waist and gave patted him gently on his back.

"It's okay, Leander. It's just a dream." I tried calming him down. Whatever his dream was, it sure terrified the hell out of him. What could his dreams be about?

I heard him burst into tears as I comforted him. Mariin akong napapikit at napairap na lamang sa aking sarili. Well, I only made him feel worse.

"Leander, it's okay. I'm here. Ano ba iyong panaginip mo at nanginginig ka pa sa takot?" Paga-alo ko sa kaniya habang marahang sinusuklay ang kaniyang buhok.

He did not answer once again, but this time I could feel him calming down a little bit.

We stayed in that position for a few more minutes. We were just in each other's embrace, no words, just our heavy breaths, and his quiet sobs.

When I feel his hug loosened, it was the cue for me to let go and face him properly.

I held his shoulders tightly as I try to catch his gaze which seems to be trying to avoid mine.

"Leander, what's wrong? Was your dream that bad? To the point it terrified you so much?" Nag-aalala kong tanong sa kaniya.

He gave me a longing look, straight into my eyes, before slowly nodding his head.

"Would you mind if I ask what it was about?" I tried pushing the same question again. Tila ay nahihirapan talaga siyang aminin sa akin kung tungkol saan ang panaginip niya. Is he shy that I saw him scared shitless?

"Y-Y.." he trailed off. His voice croaked, and he seems to be trying so hard to stop himself from crying once again.

"Sshh. It's okay." Muli kong alo sa kaniya. He aggressively closed his eyes and tears fell right through it.

"Y-You were.. gone. In my dream, S-Schwyler, y-you were.." he paused for a moment to catch his breath, ".. you were dead. Oh God." He finally finished before breaking down into tears in an instant.