Chapter 8

Saturday na at abala na ang mga tao sa loob ng aming resto. We're busy designing and preparing the entire place for the engagement party tomorrow.

The Events Organizer hired by the Sinclairs are also here with us, but Leander's nowhere to be found. Mabuti na rin 'yon para iwas sa kapahamakan. Mabuti na lang at mga final touches na lang ang kailangan naming ayusin at asekasuhin ngayon. We almost finished designing yesterday, kaya medyo magaan na lang ang workload.

Kristine and I were busy checking the place when a staff came to my direction.

"Ma'am! Emergency po! Natapon po kasi iyong hinahandang marinated ingredients ni Chef Edie para sa kaniyang special appetizer no'ng bago nating janitress! Jusko ma'am, kilala niyo naman po si Chef. Malapit na po siyang sumabog!" Marie, one of our Kitchen Staff, hysterically said.

Chef Edie Goméz is our Restaurant's Head Chef. She's a very sweet person trust me, she's a good friend of mine, but she's totally different when she's in her turf. She doesn't want any mistake on her Kitchen kaya alam ko kung bakit gano'n na lang katakot si Marie ngayon.

Agad naman akong nag-tungo sa kusina at naabutan kong pinapagalitan na ni Edie ang aming bagong janitress. Her spanish curses are flying everywhere. Kawawa naman si Mikay, she's obviously scared of Edie and for sure nakadagdag sa kaba niya ang paraan ng pananalita nito.

"¿Cómo puedes ser tan estúpida? That was a simple task to do! You just simplemente limpia mi cocina and then you what? You throw everything around you on the floor! Do you even understand what I'm saying here?!" Her voice was loud. She was almost shouting at Mikay.

"Edie, listen to me. You have to calm down, okay? What happened here?" I immediately went in between them para bahagyang ilayo si Edie mula kay Mikay. I gestured Mikay to go behind Kristine so she'll feel a little comfortable.

"No Schwyze, you listen to me. This dama estúpida knocked my ingredientes all over mi cocina! My head is going to burst from anger! Get this tonta out of here en seguida!" Galit niyang saad sa akin. She's been constantly throwing death glares at Mikay's direction while giving her temple a massage.

I scanned the area, at marami ngang natapon. Judging by the color and ingredients of the wasted food on the floor, I think she's cooking her own recipe of a Spanish appetizer.

"Kristine, can you please go with Mikay outside? I'll take care of everything here. Pakisabihan na rin siya na 'wag mag-alala, hindi ko siya pagagalitan." I intentionally said the last instruction in tagalog para hindi maintindihan ni Edie. Of course she'd overreact once she learned what I just said to Mikay.

Tinanguan naman ako ni Kristine at sinamahan na palabas ng kusina si Mikay. The other staff continued cleaning the area as well, habang ako naman ay sinusubukang pakalmahin si Edie.

"Edie, I know you're extremely allergic to clumsy people but there's nothing we can do about it anymore. What else do you need here? Do you need to buy some new ingredients? I'll handle it myself." I'm just really hoping she'd calm down dahil baka mas lumala pa ito. She's a great chef. She has received countless of offers from big shot international companies pero hindi ko alam ba't niya tinanggihan ang mga ito. She told me she just want to work here in the Philippines kaya hinayaan ko na lang.

She has always believed that the only secret in making great dishes is making it with love. I've seen her cook once, before, with a grudge over something I don't know and the outcome of her dishes were bad. She told me it was all her fault. She even filed an immediate leave. Dahil hindi raw siya makakagawa ng masasarap na pagkain sa gano'ng kalagayan. She seemed heartbroken by that time kaya gano'n siguro.