Prologue

"Schwyze!" rinig kong tawag sa akin ng kapatid kong si Carver.

Carver's two years older than me, pero hindi ako sanay na tawagin siyang kuya. Yes, he may be my brother, but the world thinks I'm only his cousin. And we wanted to leave it that way.

He's one of the top business magnate, he earned that title when he drove our International Airlines to success, being the President of the Company. Supremo la Schiera Airlines became the World's top Airlines from the moment it was established last 2013 until now.

Dahil sa paglago nito, we decided to extend the business and venture out in other fields such as Construction Companies, and Cargo Shippings. That's how Supremo la Schiera Empire was created. At lahat 'yan ay pinapatakbo ni Carver.

"Carver." tipid kong bati sa kaniya when he reached my table.

Nasa loob ako ng aking opisina, I own a small chain of hotel and restaurant under the name "Schwyze Arcaza".

Yes. I have more than one name. It's necessary because of the kind of life I'm living and leading.

"You were just inside your office all this time?" gulat at bahagyang hinihingal niyang tanong sa akin.

I raised an eyebrow at him when he said those words. Anong ibig niyang sabihin? Should I be anywhere at this moment other than my office?

"Bakit? May dapat ba akong puntahan? Kasi as far as I can remember, my schedule for today is explicitly free." Both my schedule as the owner of Clandestine and my night job state that I am free for the day.

"Wala naman. But I heard about the commotion between the other Families that involves drugs and smuggling. Nabalitaan kong nabulilyaso ang isang operasyon ng Cettina."

I sighed when he announced the news, dahil alam ko na rin ang tungkol do'n.

"Nabalitaan ko nga ang ganoong pangyayari. Castiel told me about it. Kaninong Cargo Shipping Company ba ang involve sa raid ng Cettina?"

I continued flipping through the magazine I was reading earlier while waiting for him to reply. Yes, I heard about the news. But Castiel did not go deep on other details such as the question I just asked.

I threw a quick glance at him when I realized he was silent for a moment. Mukhang nagdadalawang-isip pa ito kung sasabihin niya ba sa akin ang pangalan ng kompanya.

"Iyong Berlusconi Cargos." He finally answered and it was followed by a deep sigh.

His answer made me froze for a moment.

Berlusconi Cargos was one of our alliances. Bakit ito nasangkot sa gulo ng mga Cettina? Isa sa mga kalaban ng aming pamilya?

"What.." I said, trying to contain the anger on the tone of my voice.

"Schwyler, please calm down." My brother warned. I scoffed at his remarks. I am great at controlling my temper. I'm not the Mafia Boss for no reason. He has nothing to worry about.

"Carver, I need you to call for a family meeting." I demanded with finality and authority in my voice.

—————

[DISCLAIMER: ALL OF THE NAMES USED HERE ARE PURELY FICTIONAL AND ARE PRODUCTS OF THE AUTHOR'S IMAGINATION ONLY (Persons, Organizations, Places, Etc.) ANYTHING THAT SEEMS TO BE SIMILAR OR RELATED TO THE EXISTING ONES ARE PURELY COINCIDENCES (please excuse us). Thank you!]