Chapter 20

"Schwyler, hurry up." Tawag ni Castiel sa akin mula sa labas. For freak's sake we're still 30 minutes early for the event.

I'm wearing an off-white beaded tulle twist silk gown with a plunging neckline and a low-cut back. The slit climbs up to my mid thigh, a lowcut v-neck and a gold chain strap to complete the look of the gown.

Binagayan ko naman ito ng Gianvito Rossi nappa silk strappy heels. Nang maisuot ko na ang aking hikaw ay hinablot ko na agad ang aking purse na nasa vanity saka lumabas ng kwarto.

Castiel looked great in his royal blue pre-couture Ventiquattro Brioni suit. The italian blood in him. Talagang pinili niya ang isang italian clothing brand to dress him.

"I'm done. Let's go?" Aya ko sa kaniya habang bumababa nang hagdan. He's waiting for me at the end at nakalahad ang kaniyang kamay.

I encricled my arm with his and we strode out of the house. We used Castiel's Ferrari GTC4Lusso as our ride going to the event.

It was a 20-minute drive, hindi na kami nagdala pa ng driver and Castiel was the one driving the car.

Nang makarating na kami sa Belmont Hotel ay agad na sumalubong sa amin ang isang valet. Castiel handed him the keys at dumiretso kami sa isang attendant who's checking the guestlist together with a security, I think.

Castiel showed them the card at agad naman siyang pinapasok.

"Welcome, Mr. Montisanti."

Castiel only nodded his head in response at iginiya na ako sa loob.

Another hotel staff approached us and ushered us to our designated seat.

The place was grand and so is the event. The reception itself ranks at the top 10 most luxurious hotel in the Philippines. Mukhang buong hotel pa yata ang nirentahan nila exclusively for this event.

The inside of the hotel looks like it was made out of gold. Idagdag mo pa ang mga nakakasilaw na mga ilaw mula sa mga naglalakihang chandeliers. The lights reflected by the golden walls contributed to the blinding scenery of the place.

"10 o'clock, Charlie romeo tango." Castiel whispered at agad ko namang sinundan ang direksyong sinabi niya. On my left are the Cartiers sitting and chatting with the other guests.

"Keep an eye on them." I whispered back. That's right, Castiel. Keep an eye on the Cartiers and I will be keeping my eye on the Silquoris.

Tinanguan niya naman ako.

Maya-maya pa lamang ay nagsimula na ang event. It was Sarto's 55th birthday at imbitado ang mga kasama niyang politiko, ang mga naglalakihang mga negosyante, at kahit ang ilan sa mga senado ng Pilipinas ay nandito rin.

Looks like this isn't just a simple birthday party. I don't know if it's just my Mafia instinct but my guts are telling me that we should have come to this event prepared. Fully prepared.

"We have to keep an eye on the people who start approaching the Cartiers. By now, iniisip na nilang ikaw ang boss ng pamilya natin. I don't know if that will affect their supposed plans tonight pero it's better that we still keep a keen eye on them."

"You're right. For all we know, baka maging conscious din sila sa kanilang mga galaw. Knowing them, mukhang wala pa silang balak na bigyan tayo ng dahilan para pagdudahan sila o putulin ang koneksyon natin sa kanila." He seconded.

If my hunch is right, mukhang ginagamit nga lang talaga kami ng Le Voiage. If they're really conspiring with the Incognitos against us, para saan? I mean, I could think of a lot of reasons pero not solid enough to the point that they're dragging their little act this long para lang makuha ang aming loob at tiwala. What could they possibly want from us?