-1- ̶̶̶J̶ ̶u̶ ̶s̶ ̶t̶ ̶ ̶a̶̶ ̶n̶ ̶o̶ ̶t̶ ̶h̶ ̶e̶ ̶r̶ ̶ ̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶̶y̶

6:30 am, a dreadful Tuesday morning....

Just like any other day. Wake up, brush your teeth, get dressed, eat breakfast, and most of all catch a ride to work.

Most would say Monday's are the worst but frankly it was Tuesday's for you, all you wanted was to stay in bed and let the covers swallow you as a whole. As one. The warmth of the sheets brought you joy, euphoria.
It was your favourite place on earth, if you would've known this is what young adulthood brought along with its journeys.
You would travel back in time and tell your little self to shut her trap.

Moreover you made it outside of your small but subtle apartment not even moments later were you getting bashed by the loudness of a horn.

Rolling the window down the man leaned to a level to get a better eye view "I would love if you could move any slower!" He shouted.
You just rolled your eyes making it over to the vehicle "You are such a sarcastic little bitch" You mumbled once settled in the passenger seat.

" I wouldn't have to be if you were faster" He rejoiced driving through the green light.
"Yea yea, whatever. Anyways where's your girlfriend, I thought Ava had a shift today?"

"Came down with the flu and sore throat, so here's me being the gentlemen I am and going out to make money" He praised himself.

"I cannot with you" You chuckled.

"What?"

"Nothing, go ahead and be a gentlemen" You mocked.- Pulling into the diner parking lot where you worked, you collected your things waving "Thanks for the ride Thomas"

"Anytime, i'll tell Ava you said hey!" And with that he was off into the spring morning breeze, the grey vehicle disappearing into the Jersey world.

You sighed and took on the path. Leading you to the old time retro diner, as much as you hated going into work.
You were attracted just as much. Why?

The people of course, food is basically peoples bestest friend and seeing their face light up when they get their meals was the best feeling ever. Not to mention the locals who you grew tremendously close to, you basically knew everyone. They were family.
A family who you took pride in.

They didn't even have be blood related as a family didn't need such a thing, it just need things in common like; Trust, faith, loyalty, and for all. Good humour. That's what the locals provided for you.

"Alright, two shack stack burgers for the men and one rocky rumble pancake. With maple syrup" You stated, effortlessly placing the food on the table.

"I don't know how you do it, but you are absolutely amazing Y/n" One of the men complimented you. You yourself couldn't help but smile at the praise.

"Don't fuss about it Bill" You patted his shoulder.- "So how's the farming going?"

"Like a kangaroo jumping on my ass" He sighed. "I gotta purchase more cows, which is gonna cost a pretty fortune" He chuckled however you could sense how stress he felt, taking this in hand you took it upon yourself to reach a hand out and rub his back.

"Cheer up old man, you got this and you know I'm always happy to help" Sharing your condolences.

"Old man?" The lady laugh.- "You are an absolute comedic Y/n"

"thank you Flo"- "Say, how's the old man doing?" Bill asked.

"If I'm being honest I have not seen my father in weeks. Last I've heard of him was that he was on vacation with my mom, so I've been tending the farm every weekend"