-21- C̶ ̶o̶ ̶w̶ ̶s̶

A/n: Honestly, I'm surprised my mind even thought of an idea, but I thought why don't you guys. Get some one on one bonding with Jackson and August!

Hopefully my writing will meet my expectations or yours :')

With that, let's ride in!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

You were in the next room over, with Jackson laying in your lap. She had a book in hand and you were fiddling with her brunette curls— scrolling through your Instagram feed.

To put it blankly, you have not been back to your apartment in three days. Nor seen your family, particularly Thomas, and must not forget. Ava.
The atmosphere was hushed, not a chime in ear. Just the soft breathing that relieved itself from your nostrils. Equally to Jackson's, and with the timid flipping of her pages.
Suddenly, you heard some padded footsteps and you glanced from your phone. Charlize was well put together, well in casual wear. But that's besides the point.

"You're dressed up" You snickered before looking back down at your phone.

"Yep... just got called into a work meeting"
The blonde sighed.— "What is it about?" You asked fairly interested.

"New movie I suppose, either a new role. Or a sequel, who knows, when it comes to this industry"

You hummed in agreement.

"With that being said, I have a huge favour to ask..." Charlize uttered unsure; If she wanted to say it.

You clicked your phone off and gave your full attention to your girlfriend, "What's the favour?" You chuckled. — "Could you watch Jackson and August while I'm gone?"
"Of course, if that's alright with you missy?" You responded, while-as directing your attention to Jackson who lied in your lap.

Without taking a look from her book she gave a thumbs up, receiving a quick laugh from you and the role of the eyes from Charlize.

"Thank you Y/n, I'll be back before you know it" She blew you a kiss and was out the door. Though, there was a sudden urge for her to walk up and peck your cheek, yet she didn't break it to her daughters yet.
Going back to the familiar quietness, you continued playing with the hair of the little one and scrolled through your phone.

However. That was interrupted by a phone call by someone.

"Hello?" You answered.

"Hey bumblebee!"  The thick country asking coming through the line.— Your face turned into a grin, hearing the voice you'd detect from a mile away. You brought the phone from your ear. "Hey Jackson, I have to take this call real quick. Is it okay if I leave for a moment?" You asked, making sure she was comfortable with moving, so you could get up.

Without taking her eyes off her book she lifted herself up and you got up. Leaving the sitting room, you had treaded over to the dining room across from the kitchen.

"Hey Bill! What's up?" Knowing he'd only call you if he needed a favour, it was rare to get a normal one. The only Normal call you'd get from the family, was by Florence.
"Are you busy by chance?"

"Uhhh-" Walking a few feet to peek over at Jackson. "Umm, not really, why?"

"I wanted to know if you could help me on the farm, I just got a new load of stock. If you're busy, I'll call in another form of help"

"No no, it's okay. I'll be over, just give me about thirty to forty-five minutes"— "Fantastic, thank you so much, bumblebee"

"Of course" You hung the line up and placed your phone in the back of your jeans.
     Returning to the sitting room.