-25- G̶ ̶e̶ ̶t̶ ̶A̶ ̶w̶ ̶a̶ ̶y̶

A/n: This is gonna be a fun one! I hope...
      Let's see where the streams of words take us. Let's ride in!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

A trip, a get away. Something every person needs to be anchored back down to earth. Especially with all the sudden events, bickering, tears. You just needed freedom.
          You brought up a get away and the idea of Charlize taking her girls. Little Auggie, a nickname you dubbed her, and JJ, you dubbed Jackson. As a joke, come around four days later, Charlize planned a week trip to the beloved Disney World and invited you to tag along.
            You were immensely befuddled and surprised, she made the joking into reality.

Just now finishing up packing your tan suitcase and double checking you had everything you needed. Your thoughts got interrupted by a loud knock at your front door, mumbling what not's, you dashed to the door. Flinging it open to see who was present. "Y/n!" The two little dolls shouting in sync. August ran in your arms and you picked her up with ease, giving a squeeze. Jackson hugging your front, and you let a hand sneak to her back, returning the embrace.
"You guys are incredibly early" You laughed.— "We got excited and kind of rushed lovey" August giggled without a care.

You snickered, as that was something you do just at her age. I mean, it is Disney World.
Hearing padded footsteps, peering up. Charlize came into your peripheral vision, giving an earnest smile. "Hi ba- Y/n..." Catching herself from the forbidden word to say in-front of her girls. Until she came clean.
You laughed at her forgetfulness and mouth a 'hello'.

"You ready to go?" Charlize pried.— "I am actually, I just got done. I'll go grab my case"
Placing Auggie down. You went to your room gathering your belongings, closing every door on your way and turning off the lights. Returning back to your living room; Jackson and August were hurdled around your console table, looking at your younger-self photos. The same way Charlize did, when she first entered your apartment.
And behold, Charlize was the culprit who ignited this looking.
Clearing your throat, Charlize looked back instantly. "I see you all got comfortable" Your brow perked.

"Uhh, yea..." She laughed a knowing nervously laugh. Already aware you were gonna kill her for showing off the baby photos. Yes they were out in the apartment for anyone to see, but it doesn't mean hibernate around them.
"Alright girls, lets get going" Charlize announced, opening the door. You were last to exit, locking the door and walking the path of the complex. The girls already in the car. Charlize was standing by the trunk, and you came over. Ready to place it inside, though...

"Allow me" Offering.—"It's okay baby, I can do it" Reassuring the shorten haired blonde. "Baby. I insist" remarking her offer.
"Charlize I got it, trust me"— "Y/n" The kindness slipped away from the vocals. And you sighed, removing your hand from the handle. Getting a satisfied smile, she took the tan suitcase and placed it inside the trunk.
"I hate you" You mumbled. You heard a ridicule from the small distance. "I love you too, smartass" Closing the trunk, you started walking pass. Trying to get to the passenger side.

Conversely, your wrist got tugged. And you were reeled back in front of Charlize, taking your chin in her well constructed hand. She leaned down and pecked your lips. Slowly smiling against her fleshed, "Knew it" Charlize muttered. You mentally rolled your eyes and walked off again, the kiddish smile showing once in the passenger seat.

"Alright, the seventeen hours of driving begins now" Charlize informed with a grinned.
          You chuckled softly and picked your phone up, you turned slyly in your seat. Minutes of passing your phone around and having many songs in your spotify queue.
            You had picked out some favourites of yours, August and Jackson did as so. And you found the songs for Charlize as she was preoccupied. You guys sung your heart out to the melodies. Ever so passing traffic lights, going down genres of road, eventually ending on the highway. Where at times, traffic would occur.

Other than that, time was flying by, Charlize knocked down nine hours of driving. Leaving just about eight hours left, until reaching the resort, you all had left fairly early in the morning— so there still a subtle light of the sky.
            Slowly tenting to a orange fade, staring out the window, the music low. Small breathing and snoring could be heard from behind, abruptly a warm sensation fell upon your left thigh. The thumb stroking lightly, you looked over your shoulder to see Charlize looking straight forward. Guessing she subconsciously impacted the situation. Yet, you allowed it since the girls were asleep, so you both could breath a little more.

"Hey baby?" You urged quietly. Taking a quick glance to you before returning to the road. "There's a Buc-ee's up on the next exit, wanna take a quick break. Then switch spots?" Offering, since she's been driving for nine hours. "Are you sure? It's only eight hours left"

"Yes I'm sure, I'm pretty sure you're getting tired anyways" You said surely. She tapped her index finger against your thigh and you took that as a yes...

Not to soon. The car was pulling into the big gas station, that has now became known from all over. You helped wake the girls up, so everyone could do a quick bathroom break and retrieve snacks. You picked out some things that seemed fairly interesting, and of course. Your favourites of all time.
       Everyone returned to the car with the items and fair cups of slush.
     Everyone had a variety of mixed flavours, yet each of you had blue raspberry incorporated.

Also filling the vehicle with more fuel, it was now your turn to drive— for the next eight hours. Forty five minutes in the tenth hour, and the little ones already fell back to asleep.
You had heard the rummage in the seat over and a snicker follow behind "God, they're adorable" Charlize laughed quietly. Sure to not wake them.

You agreed with a laugh along, and took a quick glance over to the living story beside you, having a school girl smile on your face.
"Baby?" You Murmured.— "Yea hun?"
"I love you" You uttered... "I love you too baby, more than you could ever know" She averred.
Subconsciously, a hand went over to Charlize hand. And you brought it over to your mouth to place an open mouth kiss.
A small giggle surpassing Charlize throat.
"Thank you, for inviting me love"— "There's no need to thank me dear, you're family now".

Seeping your eyes over once the song like words met your ears. Charlize had the most sincere smile anyone could give or you'd had ever saw. Just then a slow song had came on the radio from your phone, it was an oldie yet a goodie. Reaching over to turn it up slightly.
The slow tunes of Just the two of us started playing "You should know this by heart" Having a grimacing cocky smirk, as of referring to Charlize age. It took her a second to catch the joke, and she nudged your arm "You're bold and rude" She muttered.

You laughed, which came out a little raspy, looking over— the love struck smile ventured to your face. "Sing it with me?" The second verse was about to come up and you couldn't drop a beat of wanting to sing it. Shaking her head with a small laugh.

"We look for love, no time for tears. Wasted water's all that is" You began the verse, making sure your voice was at a reasonable octave.
"And it don't make no flowers grow.
Good things might come to those who wait" looking over to give a pleading look for Charlize to join in. She rolled her eyes and sung the last part of the verse... "Not for those who wait too late. We gotta go for all we know..."

"Just the two of us" You both looked at each other when the chorus came up and you both sun the lyrics at the same time, with the same pace. "We can make it if we try"— "Just the two of us" You sung with an upbeat tone.

"Just the two of us" Charlize matched your energy... "Just the two of us" You both vocalised. "Building castles in the sky"— "Just the two us"

Turning to Charlize and she to you "You and I..." You both said at the same time, though a little quieter. Even for it being a lyric, it somehow meant more than it seemed in this moment. After the chorus you both just dwelled in the rest of the song, holding hands in the not so quiet, silence...

                                       ***