-4- G̶ ̶e̶ ̶t̶ ̶t̶ ̶i̶ ̶n̶ ̶g̶ ̶ t̶ ̶h̶ ̶e̶ ̶r̶ ̶e̶

A/n: Yes I live for the drama, sorry not for that last chapter. But don't you worry, Old man Bill will not be leaving us 😌 anyways let's ride in!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Some dreadful but subtle nice mornings, days, nights passed on and Bill was still in the hospital. He'd be getting out sooner today and that made you happy like a child jumping on a trampoline to let their uncontrollable energy out.

Currently you was with Nicky spending some one on one time and catching up with one another, I mean to put it short he was one of your closest friends.
And with the sun blazing on you two, you both were a somewhat laughing sweating mess the drips from your forehead hitting the pavement.

"God... if I would've known the weather I would have postponed this" He chucked.—
"You're telling me" You laughed.

"So Mr. Nicky Graves, what have you been up to since the last time I saw you?"

"Well since I last saw you at the pub I've be-"— Getting cut off by a swat being directed to his arm making him crash his hand on the wound laughter filling those vocals of his.

"Okay okay! I was kidding, man you still got it" He groaned.

You gave your signature cheeky grin and he just rolled his eyes.

"Well since we graduated high school I got accepted in the college of my dreams learning tech in all. I've already found a job and I sent my application in, I'm waiting for it to get read over hopefully they take me in. But hence me working at the pub for extra cash until I get approved." Informing you with the information you sought for.

"Well I most certainly hope you get approved Mr. Tech guy" Giving him a nudge on his arm.

"Oh, and I also met this girl a few years back who is now my better half, couldn't have asked for anything better" Nicky sighed in awe, he had this kiddish school boy smile on his face. Like a high school crush or whatever crush of a sort happen to look you directly in the eyes, seemingly thinking of his wife just made his day effortlessly.

He was gushing over the poor women and you couldn't help but feel sympathy for it, happy that he found love and even Thomas.
And even though this was sweet and wholesome you never knew he was married, yes you and Nicky were close but after high school years you fell out of touch up until now. So you didn't expect an invitation to a wedding— but you was like a flower blooming to its nature of the spring wind, you was happy for him.

"Shut up! Nicky Graves has a Mrs?!" A tooth to tooth grin streaming from your face.
       He looked over towards you and gave a decent yes by the head, the excitement leaping from your eyes and going directly into his.
"You'll have to let me meet her sometime" You shot, by the octave of your chords he knew it was a demand and not an 'ask'.

Coming to a stopping point by the family truck you exhaled a farewell as the time occurred was more than delightful, you gave Nicky a friendly smile and threw your arms out.

"What's this?" He raised a brow with a knowing smile.

"For old time sake's?" You offered. His left foot led him closer the other following right behind, he gave you the biggest bear hug one could ever ask for. A hug that would suffocate you like a fish being out of water. "Alright I'll see you around" You rubbed his back before extracting yourself from his gifted home, watching him descend down the hot pavement.

————

Knocking before invading the privacy of a familiar guest you entered their hospital bedroom, coming into a peripheral vision.