Calling in a Favor - Chapter 1

AAHHHHHH!!! IT'S HEREEEEEEE!!!!! I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY THIS FIRST CHAPTER!! (It'll be a little slow at first, but keep reading! It'll get better, I promise!!!) 

-Dick's POV-

"Strategic retreat!" I yelled through the intercom to my team. I watch on the the camera footage as Wonder Girl, Superboy, Miss Martian, Beast Boy, Robin, Impulse, Blue Beetle, Bumblebee, Guardian, and Batgirl got their asses wooped. Impluse and Blue cleared a path to the bioship and they boarding, zooming away. I sighed, running an annoyed hand over my face. This was the third time that we've had to do this. The Light and the Reach have been getting stronger, and with the powerhouse figures in the League gone, still on trail in Rimbor, things have been getting harder, especially with Lagoon Boy out with a broken arm and Artemis and Kaldur... otherwise occupied. I waited at the warehouse that was serving as our head quarters because Mount Justice had been destroyed. When they finally returned back, they looked upset, but with hope. 

"Another failure." I concluded as everyone filed inside. 

"Not a complete failure." Batgirl said. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Blue Bettle managed to grab and destroy one of the scarabs in the crossfire." She informed me. We had recently recieved intel that the Reach was developing new scarabs to take over more humans. Deciding that we did not need another Bettle under the Reach's control, seeing as we had just freed Blue and Green Beetle, we decided that the best thing to do was destroy them. Easier said than done, because the Reach and the Light had them under top security. 

"Alright then, one beetle down. Do we have any idea how they are going to infect another human? Just set it free on Earth and hope they get lucky, or are they going to plant it and chose someone in particular." I inquired. These were questions that plagued me. 

"No idea. But it seems unlikely that they would just let it lose. I could track and make it easier for us to destroy it if they did, and they know that. Besides, they know that we know how to turn the scarab off mode. They would most likely chose targets that would be hard for us to get to." Blue Bettle said. 

'Nightwing, I know that you don't want to admit it, but we need help. We're low on able bodies to do the job, especially with Lagoon Boy out. What are we going to do?" Robin asked. 

"I know. I've been thinking. Just give me time." I had been thinking. I was desperate. Batman had left me here, and even though I had broken away from him and gone out on my own, I still felt the need to please him and do what was necessary. 

"Time?! Nightwing, we don't have time!" Guardian exclaimed.  

I narrowed my eyes at him behind my mask. "I said to let me handle it. I'll figure something out." I knew that the Team had been getting frustrated with me, especially since all of my plans ended like tonight had. "Dissmissed." 

"Whatever." He huffed, going upstairs to watch TV or something. The rest of the Team dispersed, those who had one, going home, and those who resided here for the time being went upstairs or to their sleeping quaters. Tim and Barbara were about to head out when I called Tim over.

"Tim..." He walked back to me. 

"Yeah?" I had been thinking long and hard about this. I couldn't be sure if it was the right time, but now was as good as any. 

"I hope I'm doing the right thing." I thought to myself.

"Tim, I need you to go call in a favor for me." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST CHAPTER AHHH!! I know it's SSUUUPPPPEEERR short, but it's okay, cuz I'll prolly update again tonight or tomorrow afternoon. I HOPE YOU GUYS LOVE THIS STORY AND SUPPORT IT AS MUCH AS YOU DID THE 1ST ONE!! COMMENT AND VOTE!!! SPREAD THE WORD!!