Are you with me?-Chapter 28

-Dick's POV-

I watched as Lexi walked out and shut the door behind her.  Sighing, I helped myself to a slice of pizza and decided that I would turn off my communicator. Lexi was right, I needed to relax. I was on my fifth slice when my cell phone went off. I recognized it as Barbra's ringtone, but decided to ignore it. When it went off a second, I figured that it must have been important, so got up and went to found it. I had gotten there too late though, and decided that if it was crucial, she would call back.

A few minutes later, there was a pounding on my door. Scrunching my eyebrows in confusion, I went to the door and opened it, only to be hit square in the chest by Tim's bo-staff, and fell backwards.

"What the hell?!" I exclaimed as Barbra and Tim rushed in. Tim held the electrical end of his staff at my neck and pressed his boot down on my chest while Barbra closed the door behind them.

"When did Barbra Gordon first kiss Dick Grayson?!" Batgirl shouted in my face.

"Are you mad!?" I shouted back.

"Answer the question!"

"At my birthday party in ninth grade!!" I said. They both looked at each other and got off of me, allowing me to stand up.

"What the hell was that for?" I asked, rubbing the back of my head.

"We had to make sure it was really you, and not an imposter." Batgirl said.

"Where is your communicator?" Tim asked.

"On my bedside table, I think. Why? And why would you think that there was an imposter of me?"

"Because there was boom tube radiation that opened in Gotham near one of the Zeta tubes. We know that you're on a break, but we thought that it might be Savage, so we needed backup. Tim and I were on patrol and Batman is still at the Watchtower so he sent us. When we couldn't reach you or Lexi, we got worried."

"Wait, you said that the radiation came from one of the Zeta tubes in Gotham?" They nodded. "Shit." I mumbled, yanking out my cell phone and calling her. "The number you have dialed is out of range."  I bolted off into my room and returning a moment later in my uniform. "The Watchtower. Now."

They both nodded. "Come on. The Batplane is parked on the roof." Tim said, pointing to the window. We climbed out and ran up the fire escape to the roof, and boarded. At top speed, it only took us a few minutes to the Watchtower. As soon as we were docked we rushed into the mission room, where Captain Marvel and The Flash were, surprisingly, stretched out on the floor playing poker. But instead of betting money, they were betting cookies. You think I'm kidding? Tell that to the six packets of Chips Ahoy.

"What- never mind." I said, jogging over to the Super Computer.

"What are you kids doing here?" Flash asked.

"Explain later. Give me a sec." I replied, knowing that I could locate Lexi through the GPS I made sure to plant on her belt, just in case. "I'm going to track her."

"If you're going to track her, we could've used the computer at the Batcave. Why come here?" Batgirl asked.

"Because this way I can get a better world-wide range. The Batcave's signal gets weak outside of Europe, the America's, and Asia. She could be anywhere." I told them as I typed in a series of numbers. "Nothing." I said, staring in shock at the screen.

"Nothing?" Tim asked.

"Can someone please tell us what's going on?" Flash tried again.

"Nothing." I confirmed. "Why is it nothing!? This should be able to track her from anywhere in the world! She... It's like she disappeared off the face of the planet!"