Reunited-Chapter 21

Lexi’s POV-

(by the way, if you don’t really watch young Justice, or cant remember this episode, I suggest you watch it. Its Season 2 and the episode is called Summit. I’m writing this chapter from a different perspective as the TV show, but it’ll help to know what going on and what I’m talking about.  I posted part 1 of the episode on the side >>> and part two - five will be in the suggestions after part one is over.) ENJOY!!

“Are you ready for this?” Dick asked all of us as we suited up. Tonight was the Summit, the night that Aqualad had decided to attempt to take down the Reach and the Light. He had just finished telling everyone else the truth: that Kaldur wasn’t really a traitor and that Artemis wasn’t really dead, but actually were undercover double agents.

We all nodded in response and filed into the Bioship. Miss Martian had already flown ahead because Kaldur required her to take out Deathstroke before the summit and imposter him in order for our plan to truly work.  Since Dick was going to have to give a mission briefing during the flight, Batgirl and I had to take turns piloting to ship to Santa Prisca, where the Summit was being held.

“Alright everyone,” he started as Batgirl began flying us to our destination, “this is what’s going down tonight. The Light and the Reach are holding a meeting. We don’t really know what they are discussing, and it doesn’t matter. Aqualad just needs to make sure that the Warworld’s crystal key is not in possession of the Reach. As soon as that’s established, we’re going in full force, and taking them down. Under false pretenses, the Light trusts Kaldur, so they placed him in charge of security for the event, which means we will have little to no problem getting in there. Robin, Wonder Girl, Blue Beetle, Impulse, Beast Boy and Lagoon Boy, you all will be disguised as League of Shadow agents. We don’t want to let them know of our strength in numbers right of the bat, and having you guys undercover will help to trick them. “ He threw them a bag. “Put those on. Now, the rest of us, we just need to get in and wait for Miss Martian and Kaldur’s signal. Everyone got it?” We all nodded.

“Hey, Fox?” Batgirl called. “My eyes are getting tired. Would you mind taking the controls for an hour or so?” I nodded, standing up and swapping seats with her. Soon after I was settled, Dick wandered over.

“So, you excited for this all to be over?” he asked.

“Totally. I can’t wait to get some relaxation time in, when there isn’t a world to save from an alien invasion and a group of human evolution extremists.” 

“There will always be a world to save,” he grinned” just… maybe not from an alien invasion or human evolution extremists.”

I rolled my eyes and his mocking. “Whatever Wonder Boy, I just want to take a breather, you know? This hero stuff doesn’t come as naturally to me as it does to you.”

“That’s a lie, babe. It’s amazing how cut out you are for this. But you know… you don’t have to do this. You could retire from this craziness.”

“But what about you? I want to be where you are, and if this is what you want to do...”

“Lexi, I’d follow you anywhere. If you wanted to quit this, move out to a nice house on a quiet beach or something cliché like that… well, I wouldn’t complain.” I wasn’t really surprised. At this point, I knew that Dick loved me. I was done questioning him, testing him, and denying him.

“Dick… as much as I hate to say this… I don’t think that I could stay away from this life very long. When I first put my mask on again, there was this thrill, like I was getting a dosage of a drug that I used to be addicted to for the first time in years, and it was. I enjoy it too much.” I admitted.

Dick was going to reply, but was cut off when Batgirl called out to me. “I’m good now, Lex. I’ll take it from here. You go rest for a bit, we’re almost there.” I nodded and stood up, switching seats with her yet again.

“Lexi… after everything is over, I… I want to talk to you about something. Okay?”

“Yeah, sure. What’s it about?” I asked.

“Don’t worry about it right now… It’s not really that important. Trust me.”

I shrugged. “Okay then. We’ll talk about it another time.” He sat down in the seat behind me and closed his eyes while Robin and I thumb-wrestled for the remainder of the trip.

“Destination in sight.” Batgirl called about an hour later. “Drop zone A in two miles.”

Dick stood up.  “Alright, Robin, Wonder Girl, Blue Beetle, Impulse, and Lagoon Boy, you’re already suited up in your disguises, so all you need to do is just merge in with the others.” They nodded, and Batgirl alerted them that it was time to jump. We all gave them good lucks and what –not, and then Wonder Girl, Beast Boy, and Blue Beetle flew them out. “Okay Babs, fly us down and keep the ship in camouflage mode.”

When we were landed, we all jumped out. I placed my mask on my face, ready to get down to business.

“Move out. Don’t be seen. Just wait and watch, and everything will unfold itself. You will know when Aqualad gives the signal.” The remainder of the Team nodded, and went to watch and observe the Summit from separate, discreet locations.

“Lexi,” Dick whispered as he crouched beside Batgirl and I. “don’t take this the wrong way but… well…be careful, alright?” I smiled.

“Of course. Don’t wor-“ But I was cut off by a flash of red and yellow and a gush of wind.

“Hey guys, did I miss anything?” Kid Flash asked, plopping down next to me.

“Wally!”  I exclaimed a little too loudly, wrapping him up in a big hug. Before I left, Wally and I were best buds, or ‘partners in crime’, as Dick and Artemis often said. But we were no more than best friends.

“Lex! What’s up! It’s been ages since I’ve seen you, dude!” He said just as excitedly, giving me a fist pump.

“Shhhh!” Batgirl and Dick hissed at us.

“Gee, soorrreeeyyy.” Wally and I said, snickering a little at the death glares they gave us.

“Shut up!” Dick whispered/yelled. “it’s starting.” And he was right. The lights in the cavern below us flickered on and Black Beetle and ‘Deathstroke’ stepped out on their respective sides, nodding at each other and stepping aside to let their parties through.

“Here we go…” Batgirl mumbled to herself as we watched the Light and the Reach file in. 

Okay guys!! Its almost overrrrr!! OMG YAY IM SO HAPPY B/C I GET TO START THE THIRD BOOK I HAVE SO MANY IDEAS YOU DON’T EVEN UNDERSTAND. Okay…. so yeah like 3 more chapters. You’ll like the ending… I hope. I’m excited about it. And no they don’t break up. OK COMMENT AND VOTE.