Chapter 23

Location: The Watchtower/June19

-Lexi's POV-

"I am now officially returning command of the Team back over to you." Dick said, shaking hands with Aqualad.

"Congratulations Kaldur'ahm." Aquaman said.

"This is unnecessary. You have done brilliant work on leading the Team under the most trying of circumstances." Kaldur told Dick.

"Which is exactly why I'm thrilled to have this particular monkey off my back." Dick grinned, putting his arm around me. "Jobs all your pal. I want some quality time with my girl."

Suddenly, a huge orange boom tube opened above us and Black Canary, Captain Marvel, and Black Lightning fell out, landing with a painful sounding thud onto the Watchtower floor.

"Look!" Dick cried, pointing to the glass window of the Watchtower. "The Warworld has been activated! It's leaving Earth orbit, flying out into space!" We exchanged a glance. "Ummm, is that good news or bad?" he mussed.

"V-Vandal Savage did this." Black Canary stuttered, attempting to sit up with the help of Aquaman. "He has the crystal key. He just attacked us."

"Any idea where he was headed?" I inquired.

"None. All we know is that Klarion was with him."

"Should we pursue?"  I questioned, looking at Aqualad, then turning to the Warworld's retreating figure through the window.

"No." Aqualad stated. "We have other things to worry about."

"Such as?" I pressed, notching an eyebrow. I know that I was being annoying, but Savage had seen my face. I believe that I'm entitled to a bit a paranoia.

"Such as taking down the Reach." He replied sternly. "The first thing that we are going to do is rid Black Beetle of his scarab. I'm putting together a small group to infiltrate their ship and finish this once and for  all." 

"And by small group, you mean..?" Nightwing asked.

"Just Beast Boy, Superboy, Miss Martian, Impuse, Green and Blue Beetle, Wonder Girl, Lagoon Boy, and you Nightwing." 

"Umm... what about me?" I questioned.

"I just wanted a small Team." Kaldur shrugged. "It isn't necessary  for you, Batgirl, Guardian, or anyone else that I haven't already listed to tag along." He turned, shaking hands with Aquaman. "Mission briefing here in an hour." He told us, before walking away to the Zeta tubes.

"Dick, promise me that you'll be careful." I pleaded.

"Aren't I always?" he winked, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I'm serious Richard. Black Beetle is dangerous." I snapped. He knew that I meant business by using his full name.

His face immediately got serious. "I won't do anything to put myself in excessive danger. I promise Lexi. I'll come back home to you."

"I love you." I grinned.

He brushed a few hairs away from my face, grinning back at me. "I love you too. And there's still that thing that I wanted to talk to you about. But it's really not that important, so we can talk later after all this craziness has died down."

"But it's nothing bad, right?" I asked worriedly.

"Nothing bad, I promise." He assured me, placing a kiss on my nose. "Why don't you go home, get some rest? I'll call you when I get home. Kaldur and the rest should be back soon."

"Alright. I'll come over when you get in so we can talk, okay?"

"Deal." He smiled, hugging me tighter. "Now go. You look exhausted."

"Okay, okayyy I'm gooinnnggg." I groaned, untangling myself from him and walking towards the Zeta-tube. I shot him smile and gave a slight wave, and then I was gone.

-Dick's POV-

I watched her smile and wave goodbye to me, not able to wipe the grin off my face.

Recognized: Fox PO9 and then she was gone.

"How did I get so lucky?" I thought to myself as the rest of the infiltrating group began to Zeta in.

"Time to get down to business." Kaldur began, before delving into our plan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

like two more chapters!! hehe wat do you think he has to talk to her about??? hehehhe omg im sooo excited.