Exceptional Young Women- Chapter 14

-Dick's POV-

 I sat in the back of the limo with Lexi as the driver pulled through the gates of Buckingham palace. We hadn't really made much conversation since we'd gotten into the car, which gave me time to stare shamelessly at her as she sat across from me.

"You look gorgeous." I told her for the second time. And she really did. She had gone to get a trim this morning at a local hair salon and dyed her hair dark brown again in the process. When I asked her about it, she said that she wanted to keep the bad guys guessing. I didn't question it.

"Thanks," she smiled, adding,"again."

"Are you ready for this?" I said quietly as to not let the driver hear us.

"You mean, sneaking into the treasure room of the palace and stealing  one of the most dangerous weapons without anyone noticing?" she asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Yeah, that."

"Then yes. I'm ready. We're all ready." She smirked. "We need a really cool name."

"Red Arrow calls us the Jr. Justice League." I shrugged.

"No I mean you and I." she stroked her imaginary beard. "How aboutttt.... the Infiltrators." she proposed, smirking at me as the driver pulled up the the door and the valet walked forward to let us out.

"Whatever floats your boat babe." I laughed as I stepped out into the cool London air, offering her a hand. She took it and stepped out, following me up the steps to the main door, not missing a step, even in her tall heels.

"Name?" the MI6 agent asked. (MI6 is Her Majestisty's Secret Service, in case you were wondering)

"Richard Grayson." I supplied.

"And the girl?"

"My girlfriend."

"She can't go in. You may only bring direct family." I narrowed my eyes at the man, about to argue, when Lexi stepped in.

"Pardon me, Agent..." she began in a flawless British accent, checking his name tag,"Agent Morgan. But I'm his fiancé." she smiled, presenting her hand to the man. My promise ring glimmered on her finger.

"Oh, of course." he said, obviously charmed by her smile. "I'll just need your name."

"Certainly. Alexia Grant." she told him, then leaned in and whispered,"Until the wedding, that is."

"Tell him to get you a bigger diamond." the man said, cutting his eyes to me. "A pretty girl like you deserves a big stone on her hand."

She gave a drawn out sigh, raising her hands in a 'I know right?' kind of way. "That's what I told him!"

The man gave me a look. I just shrugged and said,"Times are hard." Then I led her inside.

"Fiancé?" I questioned when we were out of his hearing range.

"Hey, I needed to get inside." she shrugged, dropping the accent that she had used with the man as we walked. She took my arm and we followed the direction that various palace workers pointed us in.

"I'm not complaining." I told her. "But you know... if and when I propose to you, there will be another ring. And it'll have a bigger and better diamond."

She smiled at me, her gorgeous eyes sparkling. "That's good to know." she laughed, leaning up and placing a light kiss on my cheek. I hate to say it, but I actually blushed.

We reached a small but ornately decorated room that had several people milling around, and a large cake sitting on a table. We went and stood in a corner making light conversation until one of the guards came out and made an announcement.