Stakeout

On an asteroid in space, Krybots were opening a jail cell door. "Open it!" said a blue head and they all got away from the door. The blue head detonated the door and it blasted out. An alien came out from the cell. "Excellent! Finally, I'm free from this place. Thank you, Emperor Gruumm." said the alien. "No one will ever be held prisoner on this rock again." Once he was off the asteroid, he blasted it.

In the rec room, Jack and Sky were playing a video game while Z, Leah and Bridge watched them. Then Syd walks in wearing a dress. Z nudges Leah and Bridge. "Whoa-ho-ho-ho." said Bridge. "Okay, how come I didn't get the memo on the uniforms?"

"I doubt that's S.P.D. regulation." said Sky.

"It isn't, but I do like the dress." said Leah.

"Syd probably dresses up to go to the laundromat." said Jack.

"Right. Like I do my own laundry." said Syd.

"Then who does your laundry?" asked Leah curiously, but Syd ignored the question.

"But for your information, I'm going out for my birthday." she said, twirling.

"What?" they said.

"It's your birthday?" asked Bridge.

"Why didn't you tell us?" asked Z.

"Well, tomorrow's officially my birthday." said Syd. "It's no big deal to me. But my parents insist on throwing me this enormous party every year the night before. You know, the rent the best restaurant in town. There's limos and a live band and blah, blah, blah."

"Really? I didn't know that." said Leah.

"So I guess our invitations got lost in the mail?" asked Sky.

"Don't be silly. I would've invited you guys, but I know you have to work." said Syd.

"Rangers, to the command center." said Kat.

"Let's go." said Sky. Once in the command center, Cruger brought up the profile of the escaped criminal. "Sinuku-one of the most notorious criminals in the galaxy." said Cruger. "I've received a report from Kale 35 that he has escaped from their satellite prison."

"We suspect he might be coming to earth." said Kat. Leah bit her lip to keep herself from laughing at his name. "What makes you think he's headed this way?" asked Jack.

"Sinuku was a brilliant scientist who was recruited by evil forces to create weapons." said Kat. "His former lab partner, Dr. Rheas, lives here. We think he'll try to find her."

"Landors, I want you to choose one member of your squad to stake out her laboratory." said Cruger.

"Pick me, pick me." Bridge said, waving his arm in the air.

"Not a problem. Syd and I will do it. Leah can be an alternative." said Jack and Syd had a shocked look.

"What?" she asked.

"Alternative...not bad. What do I get out of it?" asked Leah, crossing her arms.

"Nothing if you keep asking that question." said Kat.

"Najuta kitu." said Leah.

"You will if you keep asking that question." Kat said sternly.

"Ok, you win." Leah said, leaning back in fear.

"Good." Kat said with a smirk.

"You have the most surveillance training, so that makes you the best person for the job." said Jack.

"Yes, but I'm gonna miss my birthday dinner." she complained.

"And your birthday tomorrow." reminded Jack. "Sorry, Syd, but this is an important assignment. Your birthday's not a good enough excuse to get out of it. Besides, I thought you said it wasn't a big deal, anyway."