Abandoned

It was night in Newtech City and in a bookshop, a book was out on a table, shaking when the store owner came running out. Lightning struck the book and it opened to reveal some type of rock inside. "It's awake." said the shopkeeper. "The evil is awake."

On Gruumm's ship, Gruumm was in his chair. "Yes, I have felt it. It can only mean one thing. The evil has awaken from its slumber. I will send one of my minions to find it for me! Yes, an army with the stone at its side would be most powerful. I will use it to destroy the power rangers and crush anything that gets in my way!" said Gruumm.

At the base, in a simulation room, the rangers and Commander Cruger faced each other. "Commander, with all due respect, sir, are you sure you really want to do this?" asked Jack.

"Yeah, it hardly seems fair that the six of us against you." said Sky.

"Don't get so cocky, Jack. You don't know what he even has up his sleeve." said Leah.

"I'll try my best. Now suit up!" said Cruger.

"Ready?"

"Ready! S.P.D. EMERGENCY!"

"S.P.D. EMERGENCY!"

The rangers and their commander all went through the morphing grid. "Ready, Rangers?" asked the commander.

"Ready!" they said, weapons drawn.

"Roof top, simulation." Cruger said and the room around them became a rooftop.

"Take your positions." Jack said to the others as they surround the commander.

"Ha. This should be fun." scoffed Cruger. Leah looks around at her fellow rangers positions as they took their stances. "Looks like this is going to be a snap." muttered Leah as she got behind Cruger.

"Easy now." said Sky.

"We got him surrounded." said Z.

"I'm going in!" said Jack and started his attack towards the commander. Cruger whips out his sword and deflected Jack's laser blasts. "No way!" exclaimed Jack.

"I saw that coming from a mile away, Jack. You'll have to be quicker." said Cruger.

"Yes, sir!" said Jack, saluting him.

"Now, it's our turn." said Sky as he and Bridge begin their attack. Both boys ran towards him, using his sword, to deflect their moves. Leah started planning her moves carefully as she watched Sky and Bridge get defeated by their commander. To her, this was like a chess game.

"Is that all you have?" asked Cruger.

"Sir, no, sir." said Sky.

"Bridge?" Cruger asked, turning to him.

"No, sir!" replied Bridge. Cruger releases his grip from both of them. "Man, he's tough." said Sky.

"You're not kidding." Bridge said in agreement. Cruger then turns to Z and Syd.

"How about some girl power?" asked Syd as she and Z began their attack with their baton swords. As they fought, Leah knew exactly what her game plan was and placed her sword back on her belt. All she had to do now was find an opening for her attack.

Just as Z and Syd went to the ground, she quietly walked up behind him, with her arms drawn out. "You two work well as a team...but you must train hard. Understood?" said Cruger.

"Yes, sir." said Z and Syd. He growled and started to walk away from them. "I'm glad he's on our side." said Z.

"Yeah. I bet he can beat Gruumm all by himself." said Syd. Cruger then stopped to remember something. "Wait a minute...where is..." Cruger started to say when suddenly from behind, he gets punched in the back. He turns around to see Leah, waiting for him to react.