Wormhole

"I do not know why they fight for such a worthless planet or their inevitable fate." said Gruumm as he was sitting in his chair, talking to someone. "But the fact remains that they do."

Suddenly a power surge went through him, causing him to groan. "I do not question our supremacy or that we will be victorious." he then said. "Preparations are in place. We are ready to leave. Yes, we have undertaken a plan that will ensure us the conquest of earth." In space, Gruumm's ship was heading towards a wormhole and enters it.

At the base, Kat called for the rangers. "Power rangers, report to delta command center immediately."

"What's going on?" asked Jack as the alarm blared in the background.

"Leah, what did you do?" asked Z.

"Me? Nothing." said Leah. "I didn't do anything. At least, I think I didn't do anything."

"Gruumm is gone and so is his ship." said Cruger once the rangers were in the command center.

"Yes. He's retreated." said Sky.

"We won!" screamed Jack and all but Leah cheered. She pressed her ears against her head and placed her hands over them. "Enough." said Cruger.

"Hello, hello. Its celebration time." said Jack. "You said it yourself. Gruumm is gone."

"Yes, he's gone. But I know my enemy." he said. "He does not retreat."

"Commander, I found something." said Kat, gaining their attention. "I was scanning the far reaches of the Tenarian Nebula when I found this."

On the monitor was the wormhole. "A wormhole?" asked Cruger.

"Yes, a temporal wormhole." said Kat. "And there are traces of Troobian energy inside the rim."

"I never seen a temporal wormhole before." said Leah. "I've heard about them in theory, but never actually seen one."

"Finally, you learning about something that you never knew before." Sky said, jokingly.

"I'll give it to you, Sky." she tells him, tipping an imaginary hat. "This is something that I get to experience for the first time in my life."

"Sounds like retreating to me." Jack said.

"That's what he wants us to think." said the sirian.

"Sir, then where is he going?" asked Sky.

"The more important question is...what time is he going to?" asked Cruger.

Reefside High School, 2004

A video game was being played as a teenage was drawing in his sketch pad of the people in front of him. "Great." said Ethan. "I was just about to defeat the dreaded maxodrone, when his evil ship comes by and destroys all that I've done. Can you believe it?"

"Is just a game, Ethan." said Kira.

"Yeah, you're acting as if it's real." said Trent.

"What if it is real?" asked Ethan. "What if this game is an ancient diary, telling me about a real event that happened in a distant galaxy far, far away?"

"Ethan, you mind is the only thing that is far, far away." Kira tells him.

"Ohh." said Trent.

"Hey guys, what's up?" asked Connor.

"Ethan's giving us a history lesson on something he learned on his handheld 'Geekboy'." explained Kira.

"All right, you're right." said Ethan. "It's not ancient galactic history."