Wired Part 1

On Gruumm's ship, Mora was sitting in his chair, playing with her dolls. "I'm bored here. You said we'd have control of earth by now." said Mora, then throws one of her dolls at him.

"Maybe I would have control of earth if I had someone other than a child to assist me." he growled at her. "Look at this place! This is a warship, not a daycare!"

He then points his staff at Mora with the tip, glowing red. "It's time you started earning your keep around here." he said and Mora starts to panic.

"No, no, no, no. What if I find you a general?" she asked. "I know a terrible, horrible, ugly one. Valko. From the Preterian Army."

"I heard he's a heartless warrior." said Gruumm.

"Oh yes. He's almost as nasty as you." replied Mora.

"If he can prove himself worthy, he might get you off the hook." he said, withdrawing his staff for a moment. He then points it at her again before saying, "But if not...your playtime will be over!"

"I'll find him right away." said Mora before scampering off to find Valko. At the base, the rangers were training a lower-level squad in a roof top simulation. "So remember, you never know when your enemy is going to strike." Sky said to the D-squad cadets. "Gruumm and his goons have already given advance notice."

"Sky's right." said Z. "You have to be alert at all times."

"Well, if any Krybots mess with me, I'll be ready!" said the over-confident cadet from D-squad.

"An arrogant cadet, isn't he?" muttered Leah. Then a bunch of simulation Krybots jumped out in front of them as the leader of D-squad fell to the ground. Bridge starts a stopwatch and D-squad's battle begin. The rangers stood, watching them as they fought.

"You think we should help them out?" asked Syd.

"Maybe in a minute or two." said Jack. One cadet from D-squad was making her way through the Krybots. "Well...at least somebody's got game." said Jack, looking up.

"Yeah, she's kicking butt." said Bridge.

"I could learn a lot from her." said Leah.

"Yeah...I don't think so." said Jack, pushing her to the side with his hand in her face.

"Whatever you say, oh mighty one." said Leah, laughing, raising her hands as the cadet continued to kick butt. Once the last Krybot was down, Jack ended the simulation. "Not bad." said Bridge.

"Okay, D-squad, next time you might want to be a little bit more prepared. Let's group after lunch." said Sky and dismissed D-squad. Syd walks up to the cadet. "Great reflexes out there, cadet." she tells her

"Thanks. I guess I got some lucky hits in." she replied.

"Well, you keep that up, and you'll make C-squad in no time." said Bridge.

"I agree on that. With your moves, I'd say in about a week or two." said Leah. Jack walks up behind them, making notes. "Of course, Krybots are only mindless piles of nuts and bolts. Some of the aliens we encounter are a lot tougher." said Jack.

"I'm sure, but I bet some cyborgs can still be pretty tough." said Sophie.

"That's why all cyborgs belong in the scrap heap where they can't cause any trouble." said Sky, handing his note pad to Bridge. Leah scratches her neck as they left the room. Sophie looks down at her.

"When it comes to keeping secrets, they can't make me talk. Only my mom and Cruger can force me talk." Leah tells her, knowing Sophie's secret. On a distant planet, Valko was shooting at rocks when Mora appeared behind him. "You sure are good at destroying space rocks." she said, making him turn around.