Samurai

It took Z a couple of weeks to rebuild her relationship with Leah. Earning her trust back wasn't going to be easy, but it was worth everything to her. Jack on the other hand, was doing one on one training with Cruger.

"Whoa!" said Jack as he flipped over on the ground. Both he and the commander were suited up and a sword had dropped next to him. "Is that all you got?" he asked the commander.

"Honestly? No." replied Cruger. "But this isn't a battle. It's a lesson in swordsmanship. So I'll take it easy on you."

"Don't hold back on my account, boss. You just might be surprised." said Jack, then starts running towards the sirian commander. Cruger jumped and flipped over Jack, before facing him.

"What?" asked a confused Jack and goes again towards the commander. The lesson continued with Cruger encouraging him. "Let's do this." said Cruger as he let Jack by and attacked him in the back. Once he was on the ground, Cruger started laughing and held out a hand.

"Cadet." said Cruger, helping him up. "I think that would be all for today."

"Just one more try." said Jack as Cruger turned away. Jack went straight for him in a sneak attack, like how Leah did but Cruger turned around and cut the sword blade in half.

"I said that is all." Cruger tells Jack.

"Okay. I get it." replied Jack. "Class dismissed."

"Power down!"

"You know, boss, if I had that Shadow Saber, I could probably beat you." said Jack.

"No, you couldn't." he said. "Even if I gave you my sword, and I took what was left of yours, I would still defeat you."

"I bet Leah could defeat you." said Jack.

"No, she couldn't. Leah would harm herself with any sword than just the Shadow Saber." said Cruger. "Your arrogance is blinding. It has you believing that it is the sword that makes the difference and not the swordsman. Dismissed, Cadet."

On his ship, Gruumm had brought someone aboard. "I have found someone capable of defeating the rangers." he said to Morgana.

"I could've found someone." whined Morgana.

"But you didn't. So I did." said Gruumm. "The legendary protector of Kyoto. The samurai, Katana."

"Samurai?" she asked.

"Yes. Katana was not always samurai. He is alien. His spacecraft crash-landed on earth where he was found by a human samurai in Kyoto, Japan." Gruumm started to explain. "He was nursed back to health, and once healthy, took up their ways and became the first alien samurai."

"But how did he get here?" asked Morgana.

"Two words...time portal." he tells her. "Heh heh heh heh. I brought Katana from 160 years ago to present day. He is the prefect weapon to defeat the rangers...with a little help from Broodwing."

"At your service..." said Broodwing as he was standing in the corner. "Emperor."

Back at the base, the rangers were in the lounge. "Hold that thought...okay." said Bridge, using his powers to read Z's mind. "It's coming clearer. Okay, I got it. You're thinking that I lost it, right?"

"You're right." said Z.

"I was thinking that too." said Sky.

"Me three." said Syd, reading a magazine.

"I'm glad I stayed out of this experiment." said Leah, reading one of her books.

"Go ahead and mock me, guys. Thoughts are energy....energy travels. Thoughts are my weapon of the future." said Bridge.