Reflection Part 1

In the lab, Kat, Leah and Boom were working on R.I.C. "One final adjustment to the hypertransistors, and R.I.C. should be good to go." said Kat.

"I can't wait to see it go into action." said Leah.

"This is gonna be beyond incredible." said Boom. "Ohh, can I do the honors, please?"

"Okay, but be careful." said Kat as she helped Leah puts on the protective padding. Once the padding was strapped on and the computer whirred, Boom aims a remote at R.I.C. "S.P.D. Battlizer...engage." said Boom and activated the battlizer. Just then, sparks flew out and Leah ducks behind a table, peering over. "Uh-oh." said Kat.

"Oh, no!" said Boom as Leah protects her face. R.I.C.'s head came off as Cruger walks into the room. "Hmm. I see the battlizer's not quite finished yet." said Cruger.

"A temporary setback, sir." said Kat. "I'm sure we'll have it fully functional right away."

"I'll check his programming again." said Leah, volunteering.

"See that you do." said Cruger as he then looks over at Leah, standing behind the table, still incased with protective padding. "Protective padding?"

"What can I say? You never know what could happen in the lab these days." said Leah, raising her hands in the air.

"That's something I can agree with." said Cruger as he left the lab. Kat then looks over at Leah. "I have a better idea. Why don't you go and get some fresh air." said Kat.

"Ok." said Leah, removing the protective padding from her head. "This is my chance to at least scare a couple of my sqaudmates."

"Don't give them a heart attack." said Kat, laughing as her daughter leaves to go change.

"I make no such promises." said Leah.

Out in the park, the other rangers were dressed in civilian clothes and playing with a Frisbee. "What a spectacular day." said Syd as she catches the Frisbee. "I can't believe we have it all to ourselves."

"No disasters, no sirens." said Jack.

"No talking skeletons." said Bridge.

"Huh? Whatever." said Z as Sky tosses her the Frisbee. "I just wish Leah and Sam were here to enjoy it."

"Where are they?" asked Syd.

"Cruger sent him to a disturbance in the stratoquadrant. He should be back soon and Leah is back at the base, working on something. Maybe studying for a test." said Z.

"Wherever they are, it can't be nice as New Tech City." said Sky. Suddenly, Leah appears behind them, with a grin forming on her face and rubbing her hands together. She pressed a finger to her lips, telling Syd, Jack and Bridge to stay quiet as possible. Leah crept up behind both Z and Sky, then shouted, "BOO!"

Z screams and Sky jumps to the side as Leah starts laughing. "Don't ever do that." said Z as she puts her hand to her heart.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself. It was a perfect opportunity." said Leah.

"You're gonna get it, Leah." said Sky, smiling as Z chases her around.

"Sorry, Sky but it was too good to resist." said Leah, trying to get away from Z in a playful manner.

"Sky, are you actually enjoying yourself?" asked Syd as Z catches Leah and starts tickling her.

"It's a perfect day. What's not to enjoy?" Sky then asked.

"I got it!" Syd said as Sky threw the toy but a laser out of nowhere destroyed it. "Oh, yuck!"

"That's disgusting!" said Leah.